1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This is Funny and Scary at the Same Time

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Hostile, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received

That would be alarming to me too. Especially if you didn't know him that well.
  2. jwhardin

jwhardin Member

412 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When I worked for the Secretary of Defense in the early 70's, my family stayed in GA. Some men show up asking my wife questions about why she was calling the office of the SecDef, of course it was me she was calling.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Haha, I can only imagine what his answer would be now.
  4. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,107 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Did they waterboard you ? If so, that explains a lot :)

Check every lead is the safest way to handle these things, but 2 hours with this may seem extreme, but they had to probably finish their job once they started.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,057 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    Yes, I am 100% sure that he said some version of he wished he would die, but did not say he'd like to kill him.

Racist? Why does what he say have to be racist? What race is he? What race is his wife?

I also know his mind is sharp as ever. He's a salty old cuss who doesn't have any use for a lot of things including surveys. I am pretty sure he was irritated (because he often is) at the stupidity of the survey and the question, and it got taken seriously.

I'm amused that he didn't pull any punches. Because that is him. Some old cowboys are all gurgle and no guts. He's got guts. Sometimes too much guts.

For those wondering, he's damned amused that he was seen as a threat. From what I have been told he's made several comments questioning their brains, manhood, and lack of common sense. Some of it to their faces according to my sister-in-law. Everyone in their family is laughing their rear ends off.

The funniest thing to me is that they questioned an old cowboy in his home. He's got Winchesters and revolvers all over his front room. I am pretty sure they nearly fainted at all his guns and his matter of fact way of speaking his mind. If anyone thinks he was the one who was scared I assure you he wasn't.
  6. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,735 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Well, to be fair I'm sure the Secret Service wasn't scared of a 90 year old rancher either.

Though if they are, that's pretty sad.
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,254 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    It's a great story, Hos. Thank you for sharing it. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Unfortunately, a few posters may feel compelled to play damage control whenever they feel their side is being slighted -- even if the slight resides entirely in their minds.
  8. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,735 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Don't know about that; it's a natural reaction to sarcastic posts like:

9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received

Interesting how you would see this as sarcastic. I think I agree with you when you say don't know.

Our Founding Fathers didn't trust Government yet when it's suggested that their might be reason not to trust this or any Government, it's sarcastic.

OK then.

That about rounds out this thread for me.
  10. ScipioCowboy

15,254 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    Did Hos make the "sarcastic" comment to which you alluded?
  11. ABQCOWBOY

35,186 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received

Alas, I hold that dubious honor Scip.

BTW, how are you doing this evening?
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,057 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    Nope.
  13. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Typically, they are handled by third parties. It' not like Obama's kids are calling.
  14. ScipioCowboy

15,254 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    I'm doing well. Thanks for asking.

My wife and I are enjoying our vacation in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I've always had a passion for the Southwest -- the art, culture, and cuisine. I actually have a minor in Southwestern studies.

Having been born from Texas, I'm technically from the Southwest, but no place embodies the region like New Mexico and Arizona.

As I was visiting the various stores in Santa Fe today, I stopped by a chile shop where I asked the proprietor to explain the difference between New Mexican and Tex Mex cuisine.

He explained that Tex Mex uses a tomato base (red sauce) or a tomatillo (green sauce) base in its salsas. New Mexican, conversely, uses no tomatoes or tomatillos; it's all peppers.

Sorry for the long, boring answer to your simple question. I'm just excited about my newfound knowledge.
  15. ScipioCowboy

15,254 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    Precisely.
  16. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm in deep love with Tex Mex food.
  17. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow gotta be careful what you say over the phone that's crazy although I most likely would of answered the same way.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

35,186 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    Not at all Scip and good to hear you are enjoying Santa Fe. If you need anything, give me a ring and I'll do my best to help. I'll PM you the number just in case. Please enjoy N.M.

:)