1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This is how you stimulate the economy...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Thick 'N Hearty, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Thick 'N Hearty

Thick 'N Hearty Active Member

2,359 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Give every tax-paying citizen $50,000 instead of giving it back to the fatcats who got us here. Let us put the money back into the economy by buying new cars, paying off student loans, using it as a down payment on a new home, etc. The more money we give to companies, firms, etc., seeking bailout money, the more we hear about them using it for lavish "rewards" for top performers.

Screw that. The American people are the top performers in this economy.
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I agree... the problem is that the politicians know that if they give it to special interest groups, it ends up back in their pockets at some point...
  3. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Obama is just paying back those who helped him get elected,that's all.
    Where are his defenders?
    Where is Concord?
    Thank you all dummies who voted this abomination in.
    The red flags were everywhere,yet you zombies fell for it.
    I told you!
    We told you!

This man is on a bender to destroy what the founding fathers of this great country stood for.

You fools wanted change,and you got it....just not the change you were sold on like the zombies you are.
  4. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,802 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  5. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With the math you're using, a $900 B stimulus package works out to $50,000 each for only 18 million people. And $900 B divided over 150 M people (2007 US labor force was 153.1 M) is $6,000 per person ($12,000 per married couple).

That doesn't go very far.

I'd rather not spend it at all, but fat chance of that happening now.
  6. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just like you fell for George W. Bush.

See, and you thought you didn't have anything in common with the Obama worshipers :eek: .
  7. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure.

A great case could be made that if you gave the money to "businesses", they may not layoff as many people as they would have if they didn't receive any government funds.

I know one thing, I am extremely interested in this $15,000 Tax Credit for purchasing a new home. I have been very wishy washy about buying my first home because the Economy is so bad and I could theoretically lose my job. However, a $15,000 Tax Credit is nothing to sneeze at and could definately force my hand with regards to getting a house.
  8. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Mike Green...save the little reputation you have now by condemning this Obama BS.

I did not fall for W.
    Do not bring W back...you and I know that.
    EVERYTIME YOU MENTION W YOU SOUND DUMBER.
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT W ANYMORE.
  9. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received

So it's all about your little convenience and the 15k you can save.
    Think poor and you will be poor forever ...LOSER.

I'll give you more...
    Where are the Uhbama supporters now?
    Only you showed up to the party.
    The others were smart enough to avoid the painfully obvious.
    You showed up to claim your 15k coupon and screw the rest of the country.
    Answer this...where are your comrads now?
  10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,407 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    $12,000 doesn't go very far? $6,000 doesn't go very far? If we had an extra $12,000 we could go 5 YEARS minimum without being too concerned about budgeting unless we went crazy. I don't really want the goverment to do anything, but if they are going to spend this much money, then this is how it should be done. Though maybe more along the lines of $5,000 per individual, $10,000 a couple for those who paid enough taxes, and $2,500/$5,000 for those who didn't pay much taxes. Nothing for those who don't pay taxes.
  11. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,084 Messages
    1,280 Likes Received
    And drop it from helicopters.

Golden helicopters.
  12. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,407 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    No, helicopters crash. Blimps, they must use blimps.
  13. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I see at least 3 other people in this thread that said Tax Savings for the "people" would be better than giving it to the Corporations.

I didn't vote for Barack Obama, but you voted for George W. Bush...LOSER!
  14. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,084 Messages
    1,280 Likes Received
    Then we can melt down the gold, which will be worth a lot with all the hyperinflation.
  15. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, from where I sit he's making impressive progress toward delivering on most of the promises that I cared about...

We are considering three separate withdrawal plans from Iraq, one taking 16 months, one taking 19, the last taking 23 months... this is the big issue that caused me to vote for him, so I'm content with the progress he's making in this regard...

He's called for an end to torturing our prisoners, and the closure of Gitmo... again, I support this...

His health care plans have been dealt a setback with Daschle's removing himself as the nominee to head HHS, but from what I've read he's still on track to deal with that issue sometime in the next year... this was another of my hot button issues...

And his stimulus plan is being modified, mostly in a good way, as it makes its inexorable way through Congress... some version of that stimulus bill will be passed, and signed into law, in the next few weeks...

Yeah, so far Obama is doing pretty much what he said he'd do... don't see where I was "sold" on anything he's not working real hard on delivering...

Which is, of course, the REAL reason why you're pissed off... if you really thought that he was reneging on his campaign promises, you'd be a happy camper about that...
  16. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of course it is-- if you supported Dubya, particularly if you voted for him the second time around-- then you have no credibility remaining on the subject of politics... certainly, you have no standing to criticize anybody else for being "fools", or "zombies"...

Voting for Dubya the second time around is the epitome of being a mindless 'droid...
  17. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received

how's that jump shot?
  18. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, for the most part, the Obama supporters are HAPPY, and thus not inclined to want to argue with the zealots who lost the last election... as the late, great Hoyt Axton wrote:

Well, some they win
    And some they lose
    And the winners all grin
    And the losers cry
    "Deal the cards again"

The Obama supporters are grinning, and you and the rest of the right wing ideologues are in here crying "deal the cards again"...

Which is, of course, all you CAN do... and how sweet, the sound of right wing outrage...
  19. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You don't have to be old to be wise.

Judas Priest,British Steel,1980.
  20. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Odd isn't it Silverbear?

Furthermore, the individual who introduced the $15,000 Tax Credit was a Republican.

I can't believe that there are still people out there that just want the Government to do nothing and just sit on the sidelines while the Economy continues to slide.

Im a Small Government guy and typically don't like the Government to get too involved but at this point, I believe it would be foolish if it didn't.