1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This is what Jerry is thinking and doing

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,017 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    There is nothing by anyone that says Romo will not be OK. People who say he will not are speculating. It is not like an NFL qb never had back surgery before.
  2. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    When you have a top 10 QB you are.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,170 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
    Or maybe he said it because he knew Super_Kazuya would parrot whatever he says
  4. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,060 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    It's not about the players. We can have pro bowlers at every spot and not win if the coach is lost. Garrett is the wild card. Maybe the light goes on. Fingers crossed.
  5. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,123 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    As a person who has had two different back surgeries on two different disc I can say I am not near the man I used to be and I don't get hit by 300 lbs. men for a living. Some people come back 100% from back surgery but I personally feel they are the exception not the rule. I sincerely hope Romo is an exception.
    cajuncocoa likes this.
  6. DuDa

DuDa Active Member

317 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Jerry in no way said we're a few players away. He said they aren't rebuilding because of Romo and other offensive talent. He said they are retooling the defense which means that he thinks we are at least a solid defense at from making a serious run.
  7. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,715 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Not only do we have people who think they are GM's but now we have mind readers and people who can tell the future.
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  8. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,043 Messages
    1,160 Likes Received

fact
    fakt/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a thing that is indisputably the case.
      "she lacks political experience—a fact that becomes clear when she appears in public"
      synonyms:reality, actuality, certainty;

o·pin·ion
      əˈpinyən/
      noun
      1. 1.
        a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge
        "I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
        synonyms:belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance,position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint;

Just because you say something is a fact, it doesn't mean it's a fact. It's your OPINION that Romo is done, which is not a "fact".
  9. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,223 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    This is already a re-built team. There are only 6 guys left that were on the roster when Garrett took over. There isn't anywhere but the DL to re-build and that is half way done.
    OhSnap likes this.
  10. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

986 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    How many ranks would a last place ranked defense have to move up to push this team over the 8-8 mark and into the playoffs? 26th? 22nd? 18th? We aren't rebuilding we are retooling with a much younger team. A good draft and a few guys stepping up with a relatively healthy season and I believe the defense can make leaps and bounds.
  11. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Jerry's always had a bad habit of overrating his starting QB.
  12. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,821 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    Does anybody else find it odd that the OP knows what Jerry is thinking and doing, yet Jerry himself gives numerous reasons to believe that he doesnt even know what he's thinking and doing?

[IMG]
  13. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,043 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Your sig is hilarious dude. Agree with going OL if that's how the chips fall.
  14. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,698 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Jerry's not about to suggest labeling what the team is doing is anything remotely suggestive of a "rebuild." "Revamping" is the term he likes to use in preference to the rebuilding term. The term "rebuilding" smacks of not being truly competitive. That's the last impression Jerry would want to consider leaving the fans with. His snake oil salesman type of approach will never allow that.
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,055 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    With a little luck and a break here and there we might be after this teams defense is reassembled.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,897 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    About 5% chance of this being true....so you're not 100% wrong at least.

Having said that, if Jerry thinks we're only a few pieces away from a possible SB, he needs to go back to Planet Claire.
    That 32nd ranked defense has holes everywhere.
  17. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

533 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Really?

What's your irrefutable source on that?
  18. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

533 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Some back surgeries are actually very simple and low risk. There can be one small piece of fibrous disc material that is impinging on the associated nerve root; this frequently can be easily removed, sometimes even through microsurgery via a scope.

This is the category that Tony's back is in. Jones would not be betting the farm on him if all signs did not point to a full recovery.
  19. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,026 Messages
    95 Likes Received

That would actually be speculation. A fact is something totally different.
  20. Trueboysfan

Trueboysfan Member

107 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Injuries killed us last year. Had we not had add many as we did I have no doubt we would have been in the playoffs. Coaching killed us as well...same thought thirty. Less injuries and better coaching decisions and we should make it in this year. Feels like kind of a reach now that we have lost Ware and Hatch. I won't hold my breath, but the season hasn't even started.