1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This is why the Jaguars are the Jaguars: Jaguars add Alan Ball

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by TheRat, Mar 15, 2013.

1. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,869 Messages
    18 Likes Received
  2. Snacks

Snacks Benched

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't believe Alan Ball is still in the NFL.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,273 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Jacques Reeves, a much worse football player didn't get the flak that Ball does.
  4. Titleist

Titleist Active Member

479 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Ball was TERRIBLE at playing nickel in Houston last year, and obviously was horrendous during his stay with us. He's so bad he makes McCray look like a pro-bowler
  5. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,236 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    As long as Ball isn't taking starter's snaps, it's not terrible. Now, if he goes in as their starter, then that's a giggle. Of course, any organization entering the season with him as the starter should be ridiculed.
  6. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,363 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    Jaguars playoff wins since 1995- 5 including 2 Championship game appearances

Cowboys playoff wins since 1995- 2 including 0 Championship game appearances.

I love how some still put us on a pedestal, "lol at least we're not the Jaguars!!!
  7. irishline

irishline Member

179 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    While I agree with what your saying if you're using 1995 it would be....

Jaguars playoff wins since 1995- 5 including 2 Championship game appearances

Cowboys playoff wins since 1995- 5 including 1 Championship game appearances 1 Super Bowl Win.

:)
  8. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,363 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    Since 95, meaning the 1996 season and after. Used 96 bc that was the Jags first season.
  9. irishline

irishline Member

179 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  10. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    lets do it this way (I picked teams who I consider bottom feeders each year)

Playoff victories since 1997

Titans - 5
    Cardinals - 5
    Jaguars - 3
    Cowboys - 1
    Browns - 0
    Bengals - 0
    Lions - 0
    Bills - 0
  11. irishline

irishline Member

179 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Not that I want to start an argument or disagree with the premise of, or the idea that TheFinsher brought up. However, why do people just pick some random year or range in an effort to make a point. I mean 1997? Why that year? Since its a year later than a Cowboy playoff win or technical (since it was Jan '96) Cowboy superbowl win? Choose '97 cause back or forward 1 year doesn't make it look quite as bad as that year? Why not the last 10 years then its 1 playoff victory for both Dallas and Jacksonville? I mean it still proves the point. But I suppose its not good enough to look equally bad is it? You have to back it up to some random year just to make it look worse?

Again in the end it is a valid point... But at the end of the Day TheFisnher's explanation for the date he chose made more sense than just picking '97 for whatever reason. I just assumed he ment '95 when he meant '96 and apologized for the confusion.:cool:
  12. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    point is...you can pick any recent timeline you want...Dallas is near the bottom but some still carry on as if Dallas is above of some of these 'low level' teams. The unfortunate reality is that Dallas has become one of those teams.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    sadly truth is that while we are not THAT low we are mediocre which to REAL COWBOY FANS should be absolutely horrible to contemplate.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,654 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    What is realy scary is that the current Dallas Front office is the same group that thought that Ball was a NFL starting caliber safety.
  15. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,412 Messages
    2,294 Likes Received
    For the last two seasons Erik Walden was the worst rated 3-4 OLB in the NFL per PFF... The worst for two straight seasons.

Yet I don't see anyone inferring the Packer brain trust is stoopid.

The Cowboys tried it and it didn't work... So be it.

At least they were smart enough to abandon that experiment after one season.
  16. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,620 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received
    Exactly. The reason the Jags are the Jags is the same reason the Cowboys are the Cowboys. Players like Ball.
  17. whynot

whynot Active Member

115 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Why are playoff wins the only valid metric? Surely the playoffs being sudden death means that luck can be a big contributor to playoff success or failure.
    I would have thought that division championships or winning seasons would be a better way to compare teams over a period of time.
  18. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,092 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    This makes me want to cry.Cowboys and Lions have been the worst in the NFC. Cowboys one playoff win in 16 years. Lions 0. no room to make fun of any other team.
  19. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,092 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Yep! it hurts to say it, but it is the truth. we are a bottom team now. no need trying to make fun of anyone else.
  20. Hawk

Hawk Member

49 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Allan Ball was a CB, pushed into the Safety position because of injuries. He was also a good special teams player, I for one am glad he's still finding a spot. It proves that team players who are good guys still get a shot in the NFL

I seriously doubt that anybody in the front office thought he was a starting safety. When it came time to pay him vet money they let him go. This leads you to think they thought he was a starter lmao.