1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

This was a successful season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by FiveRings, Dec 31, 2012.

1. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,754 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Hello friends. Please don't bludgeon me without reading this post in it's entirety. Firstly, the big issue here is the injuries. We got absolutely bombarded on both sides of the ball, to go from that to playing for a division title is a positive to me.

So injuries you say? This was a bad season for injuries? May I jog our memory of the 2010 season? Yep. Both injury ridden season. The one variable? Romo. He saved our season this year, and once again, got screwed over by everyone around him in the final game. Add Romo to the injury tally like he was in 2010 and I promise you Kyle Orton,Steven McGee or no street free agent would have given you a better season.

This was a good season to gauge the teams direction. Romo choked again, we completed the trifecta, yes and yes, but, you can't deny that we saw a different team this year. We saw a team with fight, heart and a will to win. Something that was looked over since the Triplets in Dallas.

Zone, this season could have been a disaster. I absolutely can't wait for '13 now with a healthy young core and some added help along the trenches. Keep our collective chins up boys, I'm still proud to be a fan today.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,602 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    You're right. Jerry Jones will believe that injuries were the cause of our 8-8 non-playoff season.

He will see the light at the tunnel and say, "Man, what an amazing job we did. We went 8-8, ALMOST made the playoffs with players we picked off the streets. If not for all these injuries, we'd be undefeated! We are definitely a player away from contending for a Super Bowl ! Let's package our entire draft and next year's 1st for so-so player. Let's draft more projects and injured players. I'm a genius !!!"

The guy is Wile E Coyote .... Soooper Genius !!!
  4. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,073 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: So 8-8 is now a success :eek: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,602 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    If we didn't lose Lee and Carter, we'd be undefeated.
  6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,863 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    While I respect the gist of the OP...we played hard despite the problems...you can't rely on a perfect year next year. EVERY team deals with injuries. There were other teams out there decimated by injuries. Some succeed and some fail. Packers won a SB with more injuries than anyone. The reality is that no matter the excuse, this teams still ends up in the same place...around .500. With parity these days and teams adjusting, it astounding to me that over 16 years we only have 1 playoff win. 8-8 is what we have..with injuries, without injuries, etc.
  7. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I get what you are saying. Successful in terms of what we had to go through. Injuries, tragedy, etc.

Meh....
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,119 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    FiveRings

"This was a successful season"

praying for similar 'success' next season and for many more to come
  9. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,298 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Yeah, you're going to get bludgeoned. But I know where you're coming from and I mostly agree.

Cowboy fans who saw the teams of the 70s and 90s should know what a championship team looks like, and this 2012 version didn't look like that at any point. That said, they clawed their way back into games that they should have lost, and they lost games they should have had won. I felt going into this season that they wouldn't win in the playoffs if they even got there at all. It was a nice surprise that they were playing for the division title in the last game of the season. If we could just get that one last interception back, we might be celebrating this morning instead of complaining.
  10. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,700 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Most people picked the Cowboys to go 8-8. Well, they're 8-8. Why is everyone so pissed?
  11. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I didn't. I picked them to have a winning season and make the play offs. So close, but yesterday ruined it.
  12. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    How low have Cowboys fans fallen???

Just read this thread and you will see..

Other teams have injuries too. The team Dallas lost to last night had their injuries as well. To starters.

Stop the excuses.

The fact that Dallas show heart, emotion, toughness is irrelevant to the fact that the same ol' Cowboys were exposed once again.

Changes need to come. Not sure when. But, they need too.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    Probably because people got to witness all of the missed opportunities to not go 8-8.
  14. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,237 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Makes em' feel better bout themselves, I guess. "The I told ya so" crowd strikes again. I personally cannot wait for 2013!
  15. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,237 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    It's called losing half you defense.
  16. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,237 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Please enlighten all of us.
  17. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,453 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    I think I saw a stat last night that the Cowboys are the only team in NFL history to win 8 games despite trailing in every game.

Cowboys overachieved big time.
  18. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Could of sworn not too long ago a team lost about the same amount on defense and won the Superbowl.:rolleyes:

Just saying...

When can fans stop with the excuses and see the real deal.
  19. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,754 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Given the injuries we had, doing a job of adapting to them from the scouting department to game planning was spectacular. And to look at the injuries we had and to even say, we didn't have a losing season and had a SHOT at winning the division is a successful season
  20. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,094 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    And here's the fact that the happy fans can't bear to see:

The injuries aren't an excuse, this team was just as capable of losing well before most of the season-ending injuries occurred.

But that reality throws a monkey wrench into the Injury Excuse Agenda.

8-8 is not a successful season, no matter how far you try to lower the bar.