1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Thomas Jones: Offering to donate his brain to study upon his death

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Tricked, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Tricked

Tricked Fascinated

660 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/02/health/nfl-concussion-concerns/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Interesting and morbid too.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm not really a fan of it.

It's almost a little too much. For some, it's bordering on human sacrifice in shooting themselves anywhere but the head like Seau did.

I'm not entirely sure what good another brain will do. Strengthen the argument I suppose but the evidence is pretty strong.

I've got a few subscriptions to magazines and I think I've seen at least 3 articles in different magazines on the issue. I recently read a CNN article where they have identified a marker typically seen in Alzheimer's and they are now seeing it show up in living ex-players which really kind of pushes the argument a bit further because only autopsy has been used prior.

I think it should be pretty accepted at this point that these people are suffering from the cumulative effects and I really think the argument should focus on ways to improve diagnosing them and treating them as well as improve equipment.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,844 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    there should be a way to design a better helmet to protect the brain better.
  5. IlliniNation

IlliniNation Member

72 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A lot of players choose not to wear the best rated helmet for head protection. I don't know why.