1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Thomas vs Berry vs Mays

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 23, 2010.

1. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Jimmy Johnson had the right idea, he said if you didnt see guys making plays in college, they most likely werent going to make plays in the pros. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but they arnt the norm.

The league's been loaded with "look like tarzan, play like jane" types, and IMO Mays is a classic example of it.

I wouldnt spend a 1st or 2nd rd pick on Mays. If he fell further than that, I'd consider it, but wouldnt be expecting much.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,833 Messages
    1,612 Likes Received
    now-now
    Bush should not have been picked near the top of the draft, but he is far from being a bust as an NFL player.

Rodgers...now THAT was a bust.:eek:
  3. AustnIsMySaviour

AustnIsMySaviour Benched

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually I am paid to think, I'm a scout for Southern Methodist and I've seen both play in person. First off Burnett is best suited at SS, not FS, and Allen shows much better range, and is arguably the best in the country in Zone coverage..so I suggest you figure out your facts before you jump to conclusions, brother.
  4. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,559 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Oh boy...:rolleyes:

I too am a scout. I scout for USC. Whenever our daughters are hanging out, I tell Ken Norton Jr about the latest high school phenom I've seen. He then goes on to tell me about 25 more things about the kid that I didn't know, pats me on my head, and sends me on my way.

Now that he works for Seattle I can't wait to tell him who I think the Seahawks should draft.
  5. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Class dismissed son.
  6. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,397 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    i think Thomas will be the best, i think Berry will play some CB as well as S. I think Mays is a colossal bust
  7. CoolNClutch

CoolNClutch New Member

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nate Allen is my third favorite safety prospect behind Berry and Thomas. Some Senior Bowl reports from him so far:

Hoping that Mike Jenkins lobbies for him.