1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Those interested, Bryan Broaddus is going to work for Cowboys at dc.com

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 20, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Not sure what type of work bryan broaddus is going to do, but as you know, bryan was a former scout for the cowboys and eagles. Also, bryan recently did work for espn. I saw this on a twitter, and another person sent me a message about bryan too.
  2. LynnFoster

LynnFoster Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If he is so good, why is he available?

Sorry, too easy.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    sadly I have noticed in the last year or so he is becoming a mediot.

And it is true if he was REALLY good he would be working for an NFL team
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Bryan gave us some news on cowboys, did a pretty good breakdown on training camp too. Used to be a scout for cowboys and eagles. Starts work on Monday. :starspin
  5. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, he's been sliding more and more into the pit of "buying into his own press." It's been noticeable. Too bad ... I used to really like his raw, NFL Scout's POV w/ insightful comments. Now I have to sift through a lot of his overblown "persona," as he's become a bit of an over-the-top version of his former self, IMO. Maybe that's just all part of the "making money in the trade" thing some go through.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,750 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    I'll always like him. He is mad at us though.
  7. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why is BB mad at CowboysZone? Opinions expressed that are unflattering? Do tell.
  8. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I love Broaddus and think he has some great insight and opinions on the Cowboys, the draft and training camp...ect. I'll look forward to see him on DC.com but like the other guys, he will probably be limited to what he can say. He had/has some sources with Dallas and now he will be working with them so I doubt he will be able to provide the same insight but I'll follow him.
  9. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    His Draft evaluation leaves a lot to be desired.
  10. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    Good for Broaddus but bad for us because he always had useful information to pass.

The one thing that I like about Broaddus is that he will answer your questions on twitter on anything sports related.
  11. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Good luck to him
  12. Hostile

118,750 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    I don't know, but I suspect it is because DCF got banned.
  13. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    It may have something to do with that but I think it is because there are alot of posters that "shoot from the hip" with their broad assumptions. One of those is calling him a failed scout that was fired from the Cowboys when in truth is Parcells wanted his own scouts that he was familiar with. Some people might not agree with his scouting reports or opinions but I don't think it gives them the right to belittle his accomplishments.
  14. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,200 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    This means he'll suddenly be praising the Cowboys instead of finding reasons to be negative about them.
  15. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,648 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Spags just received a royalty from you!:lmao:
  16. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I used to constantly give him hell.

Couldn't really distinguish what separates him as a scout from several of the posters on CZ.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    well if he could not understand why DCF got banned then nuts to him
  18. Hostile

118,750 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    You could be right. I hope that isn't what happened. I just know he and DCF had become good friends and after he was banned Broaddus quit coming here. I personally hope he continues to read because plenty of us have a lot of respect for him.
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,942 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    The guy took a ton of time PMing everyone that criticized him. He has very thin skin. I got a couple nasty ones and I know others did as well. I think I was making fun of him supporting Alan Ball when we dumped Hamlin to start Ball. If you don't want your opinion criticized, don't share it.
  20. Hostile

118,750 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Interesting. I'll just say this, and I hope you'll think about it. Football knowledge, and I mean actual knowledge of the game, is the best type of contributions we can have on a forum like this. I think you'd be hard pressed to say he doesn't have that knowledge. He clearly does. He also has some inside contacts that we all should be able to recognize given that we know who he is. That makes his value to the forum even greater.

Just like us he is allowed to have his opinions. Just like us he is allowed to be wrong. Just like us he is human and will get things wrong. Just like us, he has feelings.

No one likes to be attacked. Especially for sharing information. Trust me, I speak from experience on that. I have become the most hated Cowboys fan in the world I think, and not by Redskins, Eagles, Giants, or Cardinals fans like I might expect. By fellow Cowboys fans.

Here this man is, a fellow Cowboys fan and getting attacked by them? For what exactly? Sharing information, opinions, and stories? In other words, being just like us.

Expecting anyone to walk on water is hopeless.