1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Those interested, reports, Redskins have met with Cowher twice

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 31, 2013.

1. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,632 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    I would love for Cowher to go to the Washington Team. That way, I would never ever have to hear people here clamoring for him as the next Cowboys coach. Cowher is old news. Is he going to bring DC LeBeau with him?
  2. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,447 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    I know, I was referencing that if they still had the #2pick, and someone that knew what he was doing, that they could get something really good with that pick...but thankfully, the redskins mortgaged their future with RG3-13
  3. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,234 Messages
    620 Likes Received
  4. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,960 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    "The owner is basically the coach. I mean, we've all seen it down there. He's making decisions on who's calling plays. He's making decisions on who he's hiring as assistant coaches." --Bill Cowher.

Cowher said it well. THAT is why no legitimate coach will want to come to Dallas. Jerry doesn't want to give up the ability to micromanage the team. He needs a coach that will do what he wants the way he wants it when he wants it done.

Here's the video where I got that quote,
    Wolfpack and visionary like this.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,809 Messages
    7,177 Likes Received
    No legitimate coach will want to come here under this Jerry. To get a real coach, he'll have to make the same concessions he made with Bill Parcells.

I guess he did that for the stadium. Maybe he'll do it again out of desperation and a realization that the clock is ticking on him. He won't be around forever.
    Randy White likes this.
  6. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,989 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    I still have yet to understand a word that has come out of Shannon Sharpe's mouth.
  7. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,259 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Cowher's record as head coach is not what many believe. He coached a long string of losers until he finally found a QB that got him over the hump. Good coach, but certainly no savior. His resume can't compare to Mike Shannahan's, and we see how that worked out. I would love to see the Skins try to recycle another old coach. I don't want to see them hire a bright young coach.
    Randy White likes this.
  8. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Active Member

666 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Always felt he was more of a Giants candidate.
  9. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,423 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    Snyder has more than bypassed JJ by this point. He is easy to hate (and I do :)) but he rarely speaks to the media directly and has already stepped aside as GM; while also hiring better coaching while "retaining" that title in the past. The results have blown chunks so far. But there is no denying that the structure in Washington is more normative than anything Dallas has seen since Parcells, maybe even Jimmy.
  10. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,989 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    That was always the popular theory, that he was waiting for Coughlin to step down. Cowher would certainly be a better fit with the Maras than with Snyder.
  11. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,226 Messages
    1,373 Likes Received
    I'm not sure if I agree with any of your posts or not...
    I want to, I think, but I can't understand a word of what you're saying.
  12. black label

black label Active Member

193 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Corso likes this.
  13. black label

black label Active Member

193 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Cowher +chicken legs=

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Corso likes this.
  14. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,226 Messages
    1,373 Likes Received
    Ha ha ha ha! I almost fell out of my chair!
  15. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,539 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Unless Cowher brings along the Steelers DC, who cares. He built his entire career riding his DC.