1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Thoughts on Muhammad Wilkerson?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheFinisher, Mar 16, 2011.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,352 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    What's your take on Muhammad Wilkerson? I'd say behind Dareus and Watt, Wilkerson is probably my 3rd favorite 5 tech. Was a man amongst boys in the MAC. Depending on what we do in the 1st, I'd say he's one of my top targets for us in the 2nd, if he even lasts that long.

[youtube]Pr2mYkCKs90[/youtube]

[youtube]3Q8TQg6uoSg[/youtube]
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,995 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Like him alot but he wont be playing for Dallas. Number 9 too high, but he'll be long gone by 41. My guess is he is gone in the 20's.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I like him, he can come in and start at LE day one. Great player but he won't be there at 40, no way.
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,613 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Really like this player. He doesn't just stop people, he hits them hard. Again though, doubtful he'll fall to us in 2. Someone will take him at the end of rd 1
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he's a talented player with some upside, but needs to be polished. I see him as a solid 2nd round prospect, though it wouldn't shock me if he drifted into the early part of round 3.

He reminds me a lot of Jason Hatcher when he was coming out of Grambling State.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,722 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    I think he's the classic 3-4 DE, and I think if things fall right, he might actually be there in the 2nd for us.

The only reason I say this is because he doesn't have much other than a bull rush in his arsenal, he didn't play against top competition and it's a deep class for defensive line.

Someone may fall in love with his sack numbers though and take him early.