1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Thoughts on NFL Week 12 (2011 edition)

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by tyke1doe, Nov 28, 2011.

1. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,571 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Thoughts on NFL Week 12

- Ndamukong Suh should look for a suspension from Commissioner Goodel, if his team doesn’t beat the commissioner to it.
    - Any chance of him claiming he’s not a dirty party went out the window with three pushes to the head and a stomp.
    - If he’s suspended for the upcoming New Orleans game, kiss the Lions’ playoff chances goodbye.
    - Matthew Stafford is an erratic quarterback.
    - Aaron Rodgers is an elite quarterback, but I wouldn’t exactly call him the best ever as some are doing.
    - Does any team have a better receiving corp. than the Packers?
    -The Miami Dolphins, no longer cellar dwellers.
    - Matt Moore may have a future with Miami.
    - It seems Reggie Bush has found himself some toughness.
    - Terance Newman’s chokehold: great move in MMA, not so great in stopping Brandon Marshall from catching a touchdown.
    - Look for the Cowboys to invest a high draft choice in a cornerback.
    - Why is Alan Ball impersonating a starting cornerback?
    - Laurent Robinson is playing better than Dez Bryant.
    - Kicker Dan Bailey has been money for the Cowboys.
    - Tony Romo giveth (two interceptions) and taketh away (a victory from the hands of the Dolphins).
    - The 49ers got jobbed on the chop block call that negated a Ted Ginn Jr. touchdown. There's no telling when Ginn will make a return visit to the end zone on a touchdown reception.
    - Terrell Suggs just doesn’t make quarterbacks feel comfortable in the pocket.
    - Frank Gore couldn’t get it going against the Ravens.
    - Michael Crabtree has not been the answer at receiver for the 49ers.
    - Give Joe Flacco credit. He’s stepping up when he has to, especially against teams Baltimore has to beat.
    - For defensive purists, this was the game to watch.
    - Houston, we’ve got a quarterback problem.
    - Matt Leinart can’t get a break – unless it involves a collarbone.
    - The hopes of the Texans are in the hands of rookie T.J. Yates. Tell me that makes you feel comfortable, Texans fans.
    - The Texans are holding a Hollywood casting call for quarterback.
    - As long as Houston remains an Arian Nation, the Texans still should make the playoffs.
    - Foster better buy him some stick em, though. Against a better team and those fumbles could be costly.
    - If there were a defensive coordinator of the year award, Wade Phillips would win it.
    - Texan cornerback Jonathan Joseph almost celebrated his interception a little premature.
    - Third times a charm? Not for Texan defensive lineman Connor Barwin who bags himself a quarterback four times.
    - The Jags aren’t going anywhere, Blaine Gabbert is the future, so why bench him, Coach Del Rio?
    - It’s not too often a high-class vehicle like a Mercedes stalls, except when one name Lewis can’t catch an easy touchdown pass.
    - Jacksonville needs to build its draft strategy around finding offensive pieces to put around Gabbert and Maurice Jones-Drew.
    - He’s not Tim Tebow, but Sam Bradford has accuracy issues.
    - Rams receiver Austin Pettis does make an outstanding stretch of a catch.
    - The Rams run defense is horrid, giving up two 200-plus rushing games to relatively obscure running backs.
    - They’ve made DeMarco Murray and now Beanie Wells look like Eric Dickerson and Jamal Lewis.
    - Cardinals DB Patrick Peterson is becoming someone teams won’t want to punt to.
    - He’s already tied Devin Hester’s single-season punt return record with four.
    - It’s simply criminal for Larry Fitzgerald to finish the game with only one catch.
    - The Jets keep their playoff hopes alive.
    - The Bills basically have to look to next year.
    - Bills receiver Stevie Jackson might want to give more attention to catching balls than end zone celebrations. Just saying.
    - I guess you could say he shot his team in the foot by drawing a 15-yard penalty for his end zone antics and dropping an almost certain game-winning touchdown pass.
    - His mocking of Plaxico Burress was tasteless.
    - Sadly, it his erratic and stupid play overshadowed him basically owning Darrell Revis for part of the game.
    - Easily the Dolt of the Week.
    - Maybe the Bills would like a do-over on that Fitzpatrick contract.
    - I thought C.J. Spiller would be better at this point in his career.
    - If I’m playing the game “CONCENTRATION,” I want Brad Smith as my partner.
    - Talk about keeping your eye on the prize. Great deflection, catch and run for the touchdown.
    - Antonio Cromartie is good for a few bond headed plays a game.
    - Burress probably hasn’t gotten all the rust worked out, but he does make some spectacular plays with the few catches he gets.
    - Last week, I think Mark Sanchez was overwhelmed by the Tebow magic. This week, he created a little magic of his own.
    - Good things happen when Sanchez gets the ball to Dustin Keller.
    - Santonio Holmes knows how to make corner catches in the end zone.
    - I’m convinced the Colts just don’t want to win.
    - It’s almost painful to watch Painter play.
    - With Manning under center, you knew the Colts would win such games. With Painter under center, you know they’re going to lose.
    - If Polian retains Jim Caldwell next year, I’ll know they were in cahoots to get Andrew Luck.
    - I guess you could say it’s fitting a guy name Luck ends up with a horseshoe on his helmet.
    - At least Reggie Wayne becomes reacquainted with the century mark in catching yardage.
    - I like Cam Newton’s end zone celebration.
    - Cam may have added some life to Steve Smith’s career.
    - I felt Smith got a ticky tacky offensive pass interference call.
    - The Panthers are finally spreading out their running game beyond just Cam Newton.
    - Good to see DeAngelo Williams find the end zone again.
    - Carolina defensive back Sherrod Martin showed receiver’s feet on that toe-tapping interception that clinched the game for the Panthers.
    - Colt McCoy’s scrambling ability is underrated.
    - Good goal-line stand by the Browns defense.
    - I’m impressed with what I see in Andy Dalton.
    - It would be shame if the Bengals don’t make the playoffs, but with Pittsburgh and Baltimore in their division, I doubt they see the post-season.
    - I’m convinced A.J. Green has extensions on his arms.
    - That man can extend to catch a high ball like nobody’s business.
    - Cedric Benson is slowly getting back his groove.
    - Peyton Hillis is back, if just to make the game close.
    - I guess Cleveland didn’t want to play field position at the end.
    - Browns coaches should have made Cincinnati march the length of the field instead of giving them a short field after a missed field goal.
    - I think what we can say is Rex Grossman is a better quarterback than Tavaris Jackson.
    - Roy raising Helu in Washington’s backfield.
    - I don’t know whether it’s the rules or not, but I’ve seen more cornerbacks and safeties fail to locate the ball in the area than any other time I’ve been watching football.
    - Case in point, on Anthony Armstrong’s touchdown catch, the Seattle defender doesn’t even bother to locate the ball until after AA catches it.
    - Marshawn Lynch is returning to beast mode.
    - I think Pete Carroll is crossing his fingers that Matt Barkley is within striking distance during the first round of the 2012 NFL draft.
    - Red Bryant with Seahawks is a field goal blocking machine, three this year.
    - DeAngelo Hall jumped when he should have stayed grounded, otherwise, he would have had a pick six.
    - Skins Josh Wilson in no way interfered with Mike Williams.
    - Pass interference calls should be subject to replay review. The refs are missing too many and calling penalties on too many non-calls.
    - The field wasn’t the only thing sloppy about the Titans-Buccaneers game.
    - Nine turnovers, many a product of the weather condition.
    - Chris Johnson had a chance to treat the football like a greased pig.
    - Albeit, Johnson finally paid fantasy football dividends this year.
    - LaGarrett Blount, leaping tall defenders in a single bound.
    - Titans put some razzle dazzle in their return game.
    - Javon Ringer lets the rain get the best of him and his handling of the ball.
    - Aqib Talib pays a rare visit to the end zone via a pick six.
    - Josh Freeman forgot to bring the ball within him trying to convert a fourth-down play.
    - Tim Tebow has made boring offensive football fun again.
    - Broncos games were rarely among the games I paid attention to via the NFL Sunday Ticket. With Tebow as starter, they’re now on my “Must Watch” list.
    - I had no doubts the Broncos would win that game once it got into overtime. Well, maybe a little.
    - Forgive me Tebow, for I have sinned. Help thou my unbelief.
    - Chargers kicker Nick Novak “pissed away” two chances to give his team a win.
    - No, he wasn’t Tebowing on the sidelines.
    - More like “Peebowing.”
    - Chargers fans were probably yelling Noooovak after his overtime miss.
    - I don’t think Norv Turner survives this year.
    - Phillips Rivers just doesn’t look like he’s playing with much confidence.
    - The Broncos and Tebow on the other hand …
    - The Chargers’ offensive line has gone through a year’s worth of injuries.
    - That was one sinus clearing block Vincent Jackson delivered on Denver’s Quentin Carter.
    - If this were a defensive league, Von Miller would be rookie of the year instead of Cam Newton.
    - He and Elvis Dumervil were playing “Meet you at the quarterback” all game long.
    - Victory via VonDoom. I can see the posters now.
    - If the Broncos win the AFC West, John Fox will be a frontrunner for Coach of the Year.
    - Sebastian Janikowski putting the foot back in football and kicking the Raiders into first place in the AFC West.
    - Someone tell Haine he aint no Marino.
    - No matter who is behind center, Mike Martz is going to have him throwing.
    - Martz might be the Bears’ worst enemy in their hopes to get to the playoffs.
    - A more conservative Fox strategy and the Bears win the Raiders game, especially with their defense and special teams.
    - Kameron Wimberly has become more of a playmaker with the Raiders.
    - Bears offensive lineman Lance Lewis got some wheels for a big man.
    - Now get that man an oxygen tank.
    - This year has been one big Nightmare for the erstwhile Dream Team.
    - And when Andy Reid awakens, he might not be coach of the Eagles.
    - And DeSean Jackson might not be wearing Kelly Green next year.
    - I doubt Vince Young and Michael Vick will be on the same roster next year either.
    - Reid’s downfall may be that he was never really committed to the running game.
    - Eagles receivers couldn’t catch a cold butt naked in a Philly snowstorm. Well, except for Jason Avante.
    - The Mad Scientist Bill Belichick again experiments with turning diminutive receivers into defensive corners.
    - Julian Edelman got his licks in on Vince Young and showed excellent technique in tackling Young in the open field.
    - Tom Brady directs his receivers like no other. He could be an air traffic controller when his career is over.
    - So the Eagles have a million dollar secondary and couldn’t figure out how to shut down Wes Welker when several teams with lesser secondaries could?
    - Nmandi Asomugha was the most overrated signing of the offseason.
    - Jared Allen does a pretty good impersonation of a long snapper.
    - Roddy White gets is hands on the ball early and often.
    - Leslie Frazier missed a critical challenge of a Percy Harvin touchdown that wasn’t that should have been.
    - Harvin is turning into the Vikings everything man now that Adrian Peterson is injured.
    - Toby Gerhart was serviceable, but he’s no AP.
    - Tyler Palko’s no Tim Tebow. Kyle Orton, start warming your arm.
    - With a Tebow performance, i.e., no turnovers by the quarterback, the Chiefs win this game.
    - For a minute there, I thought Ben Roethlisberger was a piñata.
    - Giants safety Kenny Phillips can expect a hefty fine from Goodell.
    - You just don’t want to get in the way when Brandon Jacob decides to run full steam toward the end zone.
    - Doctor Drew Brees was in surgery mode.
    - Giants defense still fat off Thanksgiving Day leftovers.
    - Good for Victor Cruz, resisting the urge to do his Salsa dance with his team behind by 18.
    - The Freaks come out at night as does the Saints offense.

Top 5

1. Green Bay Packers – I doubt anyone’s going to beat them this year.
    2. San Francisco 49ers – Still the only two-loss team and got jobbed on a bad call that would have given them a touchdown in a game that only produced one.
    3. Baltimore Ravens – They play to the level of their competition, which has been more good than bad.
    4. New England Patriots – It looks like their defense is coming together.
    5. New Orleans Saints – They’re unstoppable when Brees is firing on all cylinders.

Bottom 5

28. Philadelphia Eagles – What a waste of talent.
    29. San Diego Chargers – What a waste of talent.
    30. Jacksonville Jaguars – After this season, this team will have its bags packed ready to move.
    31. St. Louis Rams – Aren’t you supposed to be coached by a defensive guru?
    32. Indianapolis Colts – Among the other things they’re lacking? Bags for the fans.

You know the drill. All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are welcomed.
  2. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    tyke1doe putting in work!

:laugh2: Good stuff!
  3. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,009 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    Nice job!! Yes I agree with you about the Broncos and the ticket. I tune in myself to watch Tebow. It's a crazy thing. I hate the broncos but I am rooting for Tebow to be a successful NFL QB. I just think he is something else and no one brings that infectious personality to any other team like Tebow does with the Broncos
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,571 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    Thanks.

I share my thoughts to two other forums. After I finished and posted, I was taken aback at how long it was. I guess I got a lot of room in my head for thoughts.

Some may think that's not such a good thang. :laugh2: