1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on NFL Week 4 (2012)

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by tyke1doe, Oct 2, 2012.

1. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

29,696 Messages
    6,786 Likes Received
    - The Vikings and Lions are moving in opposite directions.
    - Minnesota’s special teams lived up to their name Sunday.
    - The Vikings punt return for a touchdown was as close to an on-the-field convoy as you’re going to see.
    - The Lions must have thought Percy Harvin had the Coodies because no one on its unspecial teams wanted to touch him on his kickoff return for a touchdown.
    - Ponder this: the Vikings quarterback has disposed of two playoffs teams in consecutive weeks.
    - Paging Ndamukong Suh.
    - The Bills simply gave up after they got up by 14.
    - I was ready to say the Patriots are falling back to the middle of the pack and then Brady and Co. explodes for 35 unanswered points.
    - Scott Chandler’s no Rob Gronkowski, but he was a factor for what little offense the Bills could muster against the Patriots.
    - Thurman Thomas isn’t the only one who can’t find his helmet in Buffalo.
    - Paging Mr. Brady.
    - Forget Malcolm in the Middle. Woolfolk in the Middle was the top rated show in Buffalo.
    - Hope Donald Jones got the license plate numbers to that truck that hit him for insurance purposes.
    - The Patriots have found themselves a running game.
    - Nice to see Wes Welker back in the mix.
    - Mario Williams needs to be investigated for theft.
    - Think he regrets leaving Houston?
    - Speaking of Houston, congratulations for clinching the AFC South.
    - If this team stays healthy, Houston may have its first Super Bowl team.
    - Dallas’ loss a few years ago was definitely Houston’s gain.
    - JJ Watts is playing lights out. Early Defensive MVP candidate.
    - Recall the search party, Chris Johnson has been found, just not in the endzone.
    - The league’s elite quarterbacks – Brady, Brees, Rodgers and P. Manning – all had monster days.
    - The Jets never left the terminal.
    - Sanchez may be grounded for good with an outing like Sunday’s.
    - Is it Tebow Time in New York?
    - Or maybe McElroy’s Moment?
    - Whoever it is, Sanchez just isn’t getting it done.
    - The Jets players are dropping like, well, flies.
    - Rex Ryan might be reaching for that phone to call T.O. or Ochocinco.
    - Santonio Holmes must have been in major pain because he sure did acted like securing the ball was the least of his worries.
    - I’m still trying to ponder how Minnesota’s second-year quarterback beat the ferocious 49ers defense.
    - After their hiccup in Minnesota, the 49ers defense returns to form.
    - Colin Kaepernick probably didn’t expect his first TD to be a run.
    - Jim Harbaugh’s wildcat was a “Take this” shot at Rex’s Tebow package.
    - If you’re happy in the corner and your holder throws a scorer, if you’re happy and you know it say Amen(dola)!
    - Detroit has Megatron, the Rams have Legatron (Greg Zuerlein).
    - Don’t look now, but Jeff Fisher has the Rams playing decent football.
    - Rams playing better under Jeff Fisher and could easily be 3-1.
    - Seattle TE Anthony McCoy tripped up by the dreaded invisible defender.
    - Cardiac is so close in spelling to Cardinals and Arizona’s games are too close for fans.
    - Brian Hartline (12 for 253, 1 TD) was hardly flat in the Dolphins loss to the Cardinals.
    - He was so underrated the Cardinals forgot to cover him for most of the day.
    - The Dolphins have found their quarterback of the future.
    - Wow! Kevin Kolb actually looked like a starting quarterback.
    - The Falcons might wrap up the NFC South before midseason.
    - Matt Ryan is pushing for an MVP award.
    - If I’m coach Rivera, pink doesn’t must mean Breast Awareness Month. It means a one-way ticket out of Carolina to the doofus safety (Haruki Nakamura) who let Roddy White get behind him.
    - That’s like Free Safety 101.
    - Who did he think he was? A centerfielder?
    - Haruki Nakamura, Kealoha Pilares, Kenny Onatolu, Amini Silatolu? You need a master’s in linguistics just to get through the Panthers roster.
    - Memo to Cam Newton: Superman comes through in the clutch.
    - The Panthers didn’t want to tackle Michael Turner.
    - Matt Ryan saw a bit too much of Panthers DE Charles Johnson (5 sacks).
    - This looks like the Falcons year where everything seems to go right.
    - The same for the Cardinals.
    - A.J. Green is one bad cat.
    - Andy Dalton aint that bad himself. An underrated quarterback for sure.
    - In the battle of the ferocious felines cats, the Bengals established whose roar is louder.
    - On any other Sunday, Maurice Jones-Drew could trip and get 38 yards.
    - Peyton Manning looking like his old self.
    - The Oakland Raiders are looking like their old selves.
    - Carson Palmer is shot.
    - From Hartley to Heartbreak, Saints go 0-4.
    - I don’t see this team rebounding to get to the playoffs.
    - Packers almost done in by the refs again – the regulars not the replacements.
    - That Darren Sproles sure is fast.
    - Both the Saints and Packers defenses are very suspect.
    - Malcolm Jenkins does his best Moe Stooges impression on Aaron Rodgers.
    - Joe Morgan drags him a Packer defender into the end zone; Jordy Nelson does him one better.
    - I like Robert Griffin’s poise.
    - I say he has the inside track on Rookie of the Year.
    - Redemption, thy name is Bill Cundiff.
    - He went from on his way out of Washington, D.C. to on to next week’s game?
    - LeSean McCoy puts a “Barry Sanders ankle breaking move” on Kenny Phillips.
    - Hopefully for Philly fans, Michael Vick has finally learned he’s never going to be strictly a pocket passer.
    - I don’t think I’ve seen a quarterback this side of Dan Marino who at the flick of his wrist can throw a ball with such straight-line velocity as Vick can.
    - Eli Manning is good for one bone-head decision a game, even as he is the late game heroics.
    - Sunday night was not Lawrence Tyne’s time to be a hero for the Giants.
    - Is it time to freeze freezing the kickers, coaches?
    - The Bears were simply too physical for the Cowboys.
    - Chicago just outhit and outhustled Dallas all night long.
    - Jay Cutler is so immature.
    - But he looked like Joe Montana connecting with Jerry Rice against the overrated Cowboys defense.
    - Brandon Marshall seems to have found himself.
    - He might be named Carr, but the Cowboys $50 million was getting run over by Marshall for most of the night.
    - Romo will take a beating, but the first three turnovers were not his fault.
    - Dez Bryant: 10 million dollar talent; 10 cent head.
    - Dallas likely will never return to the Super Bowl as long as Jerry Jones is the owner.
    - I think we’ve found Al Davis Jr. and he’s not dressed in black and silver.
    - I’m hoping Jones takes a page from the 49ers and heavily invest top picks on the offensive line, but I doubt it.
    - It’s all about the bright lights and the Benjamin’s for Jones.
    - Thoughts, prayers and blessings to Indy Coach Chuck Pagano who is battling leukemia.

Top 5
    1. Houston Texans – No. 1 ranked scoring offense. No 1. Ranked scoring defense. Undefeated and blowing teams out? Yeah, they deserve the top spot.
    2. Atlanta Falcons – That was a gutsy comeback by the Falcons, served up by a critical Cam Newton fumble and a safety who doesn’t know the meaning of not letting the receiver get behind you.
    3. Arizona Cardinals – If Kevin Kolb can continue to approximate a quarterback, the Cardinals could be going places.
    4. San Francisco 49ers – Last week was merely a blip on the radar.
    5. Philadelphia Eagles - They may be ready to take the NFC East.

Bottom 5
    28. Kansas City/Carolina Panthers – Only victories are against the 0-4 Stains, I mean, Saints.
    29. Oakland Raiders – Simply no consistency.
    30. Jacksonville Jaguars - When are they ever going to right the ship?
    31. Cleveland Browns – Few expect them to do anything this year, including the Browns themselves.
    32. New Orleans Saints – WhodatsaytheygonnabeatdemSaints? Everybody.

As always, all additions, clarifications, corrections and comments are welcomed.
  2. FootballFan1

FootballFan1 Member

307 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Every once in a while I check in here even though I stopped posting. Got harassed too much, hard to deal with.

I have to say, you people do not appreciate the time and effort put in by tyke1doe to post these weekly updates. It is actually the only post I look forward to - and read every week. The rest, well. It is what it is. I do not read them. You MAY go to the playoffs, but your team is a non-factor. Not sure about the Pats right now.l But I never count them out. And in particular after last year with ZERO defense.

Saying that, I will say the game with the Bears, Romo was playing good, not great, but certainly he tried to force the game toward the end, leaving him with the 5 int - but really, look at your team. The OL and this DEZ kid who could not even read the play. Sounds like Ocho - and why we got rid of him. Bum, can you not read the defense and come back?? What?? That is not on Romo, sorry.

So, I DO appreciate tyke1doe the effort you put into your post.

As a Patriot fan, I do not care to read about the problems of the Cowboys. I have enough problems to deal with as a Patriot fan. But the insight you give tyke1doe gives me a good idea about what is going around the league.

Much appreciated.

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    First lengthy post I was able to get thru on this forum. Job well done.
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

29,696 Messages
    6,786 Likes Received
    Thanks, guys.

These are just my musings. Sometimes, I'm on. Sometimes, I'm very off.

But I try to make them entertaining. :)