1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Thousands of surgeries may be cut in Metro Vancouver due to government underfunding

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Aug 19, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    There a couple of parts to the solution. Yes fining business is a step, but unless we purge the deadbeats from the welfare roles it will not matter. My solution is to take the welfare babies that are milking the system and put them to work doing the things illegals are doing now. Kills two birds with one stone.
  2. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I understand that, but the issue of terrorism just isn't a real threat for most of the free-world. That's the part of Z's statement that I was responding too, the idea that our military is what protects most of the world. I'm not discounting the role that the military plays in protecting us from rouge organizations and terrorist regimes. But just because we uncover and squash a terrorist plot against the U.S., that doesn't mean that we're protecting Mexico from terrorism.
  3. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The 45 million includes uninsured illegal immigrants. It's a pretty large point of contention in the healthcare debate, actually.
  4. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,570 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    I might disagree with the emboldened portion. We're certainly not the only country to come under attack by terrorists, even in the free world.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,229 Messages
    1,316 Likes Received
    It's both. The problem is that the left is unwilling to back legislation that will do either. You can't have it both ways IMO.

Illegals already get medical care. Nobody in America is denied Medical Treatment. It is simply a matter of where you can get it and the quality of the care. It is not bad care but it is not a private physician either.

The 45 million is not an accurate number by any means. The number is probably between 8 and 12. Considering we have over 300 Million, that number is not really all that great.
  6. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's true, I was basing the "no coverage for illegals" statements on HR 3200. I assume that same provision will make it into the reworked bill, although maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm wary of any reports that say that the new bill will cover illegals though, simply because that was said about the 1000 page bill as well. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

I haven't really gone over Obama's amnesty proposal, but from what I understand it's not just a free pass to citizenship. Wouldn't there be a fine, requirements to learn English, job requirements, etc?
  7. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're right, we are, by no means, the only country that has been attacked. I guess we'd have to compile a list of terrorist attacks and thwarted plans to see how terrorist activity was spread out by country. It just seems like there are more Canadas, Finlands, and Portugals out there, that would be low/no priority targets than there are USAs, UKs or Israels.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,229 Messages
    1,316 Likes Received
    Their would be criteria associated, of that I'm sure. However, the problem with that is that we have no idea how many illegals we actually have here in America. Seriously, the estimates of 18 to 20 is probably conservative because it does not include family, for the most part. Think about what that means if you grant citizen ship. The infusion of illegals into the healthcare system would not be 18 or 20 million, it could very well be 50 to 60.

I have no problem with you being leary of what or what is not contained in the Dems bill but it has been widely reported that they are pushing for All to be covered. Even if they don't use that language, we still have to be concious of what immigration reform is passed. If the language says only legals but 50 or 60 become legal in 6 months, that's a real problem. I'm not saying this is for sure what will happen but I am saying that these people are politicians and next time I trust them to do what is right will be the first day I've trusted them since Ronny left office.
  9. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey I believe we should have a guess worker program that requires a temporary visa for people that come for temporary work. There should also be a tax on the income just like we pay. yes it is paper work but it is obvious we need some sorta of program in place along this lines.

The Border needs to be tighten and people deported and let them go through the normal citizen process like everyone else.
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,570 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    That's because Canadians are already dead on the inside.:D
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,152 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
  12. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,862 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Just checked my pulse. I'm still here and very much alive! :p:
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,152 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    in YOUR opinion. You might be a zombie. Or a vampire with a pulse (depending on which universe you are in)