1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Three moves I would make during the Bye...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Avenging Hayseed, Sep 28, 2012.

1. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

8,112 Messages
    717 Likes Received
    At least you're high on something.
  2. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

3,318 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    I wouldn't give up a first round pick.

also not sure if NO would be willing to make that move.

this is too much Madden 12 scenario. so put the controls down
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,725 Messages
    2,161 Likes Received
    Wow. Usually you make alot of sense. Not this time. We disagree on how good Bushrod is. I think he is average, which is better than Free, but draft picks are worth more nowadays because you dont have to pay them. Also I like both tackles at A&M and both interior linemen at Bama way more than Bushrod. Rather look to the future than try to fix an O Line that I dont think can be fixed properly till the off season.
  4. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    explain how a team that you say is in NEED for a RB, how does Jones help them? Felix Jones is awful, its funny how you say oh just dump him, why on earth would any team pick up our garbage? IT dosent work that way...

Also giving up a 1st round pick for Bushrod is completely insane..
  5. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,414 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    i would entertain any trade offers, but giving up a #1 and Parnell is too steep for Bushrod, and yes i like the idea of getting someone now versus next year, as i think we could go along way this year with the talent we have, so i would be all for some trade moves, to improve us this year.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,441 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    ha ha. You beat me to it !!!!
  7. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

4,644 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Of course I'd make that trade for Thomas, in an instant (though I suppose I'd have to think through the cap implications a bit). Thomas is a great player and is signed through something like 2018. Bushrod is a decent player who's a free agent after this season.
  8. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

4,644 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    As usual, the answer is: it depends.

First off, you need to understand where you are in the success cycle. Are you rebuilding or are you contending? If you're contending, what's your window look like? You need to be completely objective in doing this evaluation.

I would argue that the Cowboys are not going to win the Super Bowl this year, with or without Bushrod. We're at least one more year away from being serious contenders. Given that, there's absolutely no way you make a trade like that.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,606 Messages
    7,297 Likes Received
  10. jday

jday Well-Known Member

3,349 Messages
    1,154 Likes Received
    If Bushrod makes it to Free Agency, I'd love to see the Cowboys go after him.

I think the addition of Holland would at the very least help our running game.

Felix Jones trade value right now is next to nothing.
  11. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,534 Messages
    1,863 Likes Received
    IMO, you don't trade a 1st rounder for anything at this point in the season...but, I feel like we are in year 2 of the 3-year plan

Year 1: dump aging vets and their salaries, start to change the culture
    Year 2: fix either secondary or OL, continue to build on the culture change
    Year 3: fix the other of secondary or OL, get rid of anyone not on board

we dumped the salaries last year, we upgraded the secondary and defense greatly this year, we get the OLine fixed this off-season in year 3 by getting another FA AND using the 1st rounder on the best OL available, regardless of position. If they are a tackle, then you move free to guard or center

end of year 3: championship
  12. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,534 Messages
    1,863 Likes Received
    don't forget Bailey...he has been a God-send, albeit not a top pick, just a great decision...
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,606 Messages
    1,511 Likes Received

So let me get this straight.

You're laying in bed, just thinking, as is your want. The thought comes to your head - Wouldn't it be awesome if the Cowboys could somehow trade for Joe Thomas?

Hey, that's a natural thought. The other day I had a daydream where Ware was playing opposite Terrell Suggs, we all have fantasies.

Then things clearly went completely off the rails for you.

The very next thought that comes to your clearly sleep deprived mind is - I've got it. The next best thing. Jermon Bushrod!

Seriously man? :laugh2:
  14. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received

What an ***.
  15. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,680 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    So i was wrong... it is possible to make worse moves than Jerry Jones.
  16. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  17. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,890 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    Only way I trade a first rounder is for a quality starting LT that someone will struggle to resign...then I move Smith back to right side and let him go to probowl for the next 10 years.

Not saying Smith won't eventually be a great LT, but I'm sure if we already had a quality LT, he would not have been moved this year.
  18. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I remember quite well when a full one half of the board was positive that QuINTcy was our future! :lmao2:

Its all archived too for that matter.

You will have to excuse me when I dont take half of your opinions very seriously.
  19. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

5,131 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received
    I don't see us making any moves really. The roster moves we have made so far are bizarre.. i.e. cutting Silva over Holmes. Signing Frampton instead of keeping Silva, etc. etc.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,606 Messages
    1,511 Likes Received
    The fact that you can't even see the humor in this just makes it funnier.