1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Three moves I would make during the Bye...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Avenging Hayseed, Sep 28, 2012.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,649 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Peters who is a dominating LT was only worth a late first rounder. Don't think the guy from NO is worth anything more than a 3rd rounder.
  2. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good thoughts. No one has touched on the reason which would give me pause......Trading a 1st rd pk for a soon to be FA is serious shift in your salarly cap obligations going forward.

This would almost certainly be a sign and trade type deal and Bushrod would get 20-30mil more over the next 5 yrs than the RT we could draft.

Is the benefit of having him for the rest of 2012 worth that, everything else being equal? I don't think so even though I do see us as a contender who should consider any seriously benficial move that mortgages the future a little.

Maybe a 2nd, 5th and Parnell gets it done. Considering the cap dollars Bushrod will command, it seems like a closer value match than a 1st.
  3. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Active Member

676 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Lol stop crying because people don't like your idea.

And um...if you don't take anybody's opinion very seriously, why even stay on this board?

Trading a first round pick for a soon-to-be UFA is just plain dumb.
  4. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,435 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Yeah, we did just that with Roy E. Williams. Not only did we trade multiple picks for the guy, but we signed him to a $45 million dollar extension. LET'S DO THE EXACT SAME THING WITH AN AVERAGE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.

Genius.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Excuse all of us for not wanting to trade our first round pick this year for an average offensive lineman.