1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Three reasons the Cowboys lost that haven't had as much press

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by perrykemp, Oct 28, 2013.

1. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,048 Messages
    1,083 Likes Received
    I'd like to see that too. It cost us the game.
  2. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,403 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I disagree, he blatantly tugged the defender toward himself. It was obvious and stupid. Again that is why you take a knee, so that stuff cant happen. What coach wouldnt take 30 seconds with your opponent pinned back at their 20 at best? We didnt need 3 points, we needed to kill the clock, JG should know that by now.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    I never really thought it was as blatant as others, but I won't deny that it actually was a hold.

The point is, on game deciding plays, refs need to put their flags away a bit. Throughout the game they let certain holding and PI calls go, so why would you call them on the last possession of the game for a team?
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    I don't have a clip, but basically, when Tanner tried to get the corner, Tyron grabbed the shoulder pad. It was a hold, no different than any other hold, and the same thing gets missed on a game to game, if not drive to drive, penalty.

Was it a hold? Yes. Should it have been called? NO.
    Boyzmamacita and AmberBeer like this.
  5. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,511 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Not exactly. Scandrick was actually looking back for the ball and made no contact with his arm as the lions defender did.
    Unreal.
  6. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    2,439 Likes Received
    We really seem to have the worst luck/timing w officiating.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    You give them 9 more yards then they would have had anyway. How is that all that much different? I'd rather give them the 9 yards and leave them with around 30 seconds then 1.24 or whatever it was.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I like our chances of holding them better with the 30 seconds then I do with the 1.24 and if you make it, it doesn't matter about a FG from them because they have to get a TD and they can only throw to certain areas of the field because of the TO situation. We already know what the outcome is with more time on the clock.
  9. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,403 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Y
    Yeah, we just see this differently. If we had run the clock down below 30 seconds, I want to put them as far away as possible and not risk a miss from 53 yards making it a much shorter field for them.
  10. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Well Sturm makes a case that Tyron coul have held because it was force fed into him to play for the FG, which the hold didn't impact if I remember correctly..
  11. ABQCOWBOY

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    That's my point. Bailey hit that thing dead on and it would have been good from 60, looked like. JMO.
    khiladi likes this.
  12. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,403 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Whether it gets missed all the time has nothing to do with it. You're really arguing that even thought the ref saw it this time, he should have ignored it.

I'd agree with you if Tanner had gone down in the scrum initially for no gain/gain of a yard or two. At that point Smith had a handful of his guys jersey but he was in good blocking position and driving his guy towards the sideline, and if THAT had been called, it would have been ticky-tack. I think if that had happened, the ref wouldn't have made the call. Whatever was going on with Smith was minor and incidental to the play.

But when Tanner cut back and Smiths guy tried to break free, that's when it got more obvious/blatant. If the ref had kept it in his pocket at that point, he was ignoring an obvious hold that put one team in better field goal position, with under two minutes in a three point game. You're arguing that he should have ignored that. As a fan, I wished the ref wouldn't have seen it. But when he saw it, the hold was too important to the play and to the possible outcome to NOT call it. As a Cowboys fan, it pains me to say that, but he made the correct judgement call to throw the flag in that situation.
    Wayne02 likes this.
  13. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    ^^^^This is a ridiculous post.
  14. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    Our offense not capitalizing on the turnovers should be on that list.

In actuality there are so much blame to go around in this game. Even Romo should be blamed for throwing the ball away while he should be chewing some time off the clock in our 2nd to last possession. Some like to blame the defense. Some also like to blame the offense. Some blame the coaching. But this was an all around failure by everyone. Football is a team sport. The entire team is blamed for this lost.
  15. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  16. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    The hold was the right call. Tanner should not have bounced it to the outside and ran a safe play inside. If that would have been the case then it would have been gave over and we run the clock down. Tanner should not have bounced it outside. Other things could have happened like fumbling or running it out of bounds.
  17. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received

This is not a sarcastic post, this is a legit question. I agree with your above statement.
    Now, who do we blame?
  18. CapnCook

CapnCook Member

36 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Four turnovers, and the offense has managed to turn that into a 13-7 lead. That's got to be on the list.
  19. phildadon86

phildadon86 Active Member

550 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    My question is, why not just kneel the ball? No risk of a penalty by the 3rd kneel down they get the ball back with 20 seconds. Would that not of been a more viable option then say, taking out your starters and hoping for your back up RBs to make a play?
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,992 Messages
    7,730 Likes Received
    Yep. That's a hold, allright. Gah! That just boils my blood.