Thurman Thomas not buying what Brian Cushing is selling

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

70,267 Messages
    11,701 Likes Received
    Posted by Michael David Smith on August 10, 2010 3:48 PM ET

When Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas has something he wants to get off his chest, he turns to Twitter. And when Thomas heard Texans linebacker Brian Cushing's explanation for having elevated hCG levels, Thomas had something to get off his chest.

Cushing has been suspended for the first four games of the season because an elevated hCG level is considered a violation of the league's performance-enhancing drug policy, but he claims he tested positive because of something called "overtrained athlete syndrome."

Said Thomas on Twitter, "I have never heard of the OVERTRAINED ATHLETE SYNDROME, accept the punishment Brian Cushing... Jerry Rice or Walter Payton didn't have it... "

I point this out mostly to point out what a vocal Twitter presence Thomas is. He has tweeted more than 21,000 times, including about 150 times in the last 24 hours, about everything from how he gets his exercise (four-mile walk) to why he has issues with the Bills (he found out they released him when he saw it on ESPN2). He even asked his followers who they like better, Cheech or Chong.

I imagine Cheech and Chong fans as the type who would get a real kick out of following Thomas on Twitter.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

84,227 Messages
    7,179 Likes Received
    I have got to agree with Thomas. I have heard some excuses but this one takes the cake. :laugh2:
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,481 Messages
    2,313 Likes Received
    Especially since that was not his first excuse. Cushing keeps changing his story. He appealed and was already denied last year and now the owner is meeting with Goodell to discuss a possible reduction in the suspension. The league should add a game just for being a continued annoyance.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

84,227 Messages
    7,179 Likes Received
    Not a bad idea. You accept the penalty if you wish to challenge it and lose we add another game. Admit you made a mistake take your punishment and move on.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
  6. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Kubiak- "Hey McNair, we play the Cowboys in week 3"

McNair- "Oh ****, I better support my players huge lie because we need all the help we can get"

Kubiak- "I dont know if they'll buy it McNair, he looks pretty damn juiced up"

McNair- "They'll buy it, Goodell loves me and hates the Cowboys, he'll be eligible by then"
  7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  8. hammer1

hammer1 New Member

684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would love to see Barber flatten Cushing's juiced up ***. :)
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thurman was one of my favorite players to watch as well... He's right on too.
  10. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I loved all those fumbles vs us in the Super Bowl. And the reaction after the one before halftime in the first Super Bowl with them was just classic.
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

24,501 Messages
    3,105 Likes Received
    Add my :confused: to yours.
  12. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you're a Texan fan you're buying what he says because gosh darn he's a Texan.

If you're not a Texan fan you are pretty sure all the stories about the guy being a juicer for years are true and he got caught.

If you're a Texan fan and this happened to a Dallas player you'd say 100% no doubt the entire Cowboys team juices and it's about time one of them got caught.
  13. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

33,725 Messages
    1,596 Likes Received
    The most laughable thing about the whole Brian Cushing incident is the fact that the media prooved they are ****ing idoits when they re-voted him as Rookie of the Year.

The man cheated, yet they re-vote him in. For that, they might as well vote Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Ralphel Palmeiro, and A-Rod into the Hall of Fame too.

It's absolutely stupid to praise a cheater with accolades. All it does is tell children that it's okay to cheat.
  14. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,919 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    My only rationale is that many of those voters have taken similar supplements and did not feel it was a bad thing. Although I do agree that it should have automatically disqualified him from being eligible. so messed up
  15. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have to agree. It sounds pretty fishy.
  16. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nobody is buying it outside the Houston area. There they believe he walks on water and oh yea even if he did it he's ok. He took one for the team. Like I said if this was a Cowboy he'd be crucified by their fans and media.