1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Thursday Mid-Day Report

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Doomsday101, Aug 5, 2004.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,463 Messages
    3,020 Likes Received

LOL!

:D
  2. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

i like the white helmet but i dont like that jersey that much but still looks good
  3. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,972 Messages
    208 Likes Received

I thought I heard Parcells in his PC say that Hunter is finally starting to, "get it".

This is why TC is so frustrating......you hear so many reports that conflict with each other.
  4. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,227 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    White helmets? Sweet. I cannot wait to see those bad boys in action.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Never cared for the white helmet, I like it once they added the silver. Of course we all know who designed the helmet and logo for the Cowboys? Tom Landry wife is responsiable
  6. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,450 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I think this quote says alot. IMO, If Quincy Carter is ever successful in this league, the experience of being cut, and forced to start from scratch will be looked and as a pivotal moment. This may just be whats best for QC as well.
  7. OldMan

OldMan New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Randall can make a few catches early in the season, then he may be our stretch the field player since I think he is faster than any of our other receivers. He can keep the defenses honest and not crowding the line of scrimmage, since Vinny can still throw the long ball. This will give more room down under for Key and AB and our tight ends to work.
  8. Cheap Shot Artist

Cheap Shot Artist Benched

981 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sure he does...a 2 year contract extension and a 350K signing bonus

Not bad for a guy not in BP's plans
  9. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,227 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I like what I am hearing about Vinny. I work in a news station and the sports guys all say that Vinnie looked the best of the QBs with Henson looking the second best.

Vinnie seems to not be afraid of letting it rip where as Carter seems to afraid to make a mistake.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,020 Messages
    5,048 Likes Received
    Does this mean we are going to see another impressive training camp/preseason out of Williams....only to disappear before kickoff against the Viqueens??? :eek:
  11. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This will sound strange in light of the whole QC mess, but Newson getting cut is the biggest disappointment to me so far. I really thought he had something and that he would make this team. Maybe he gets a shot somewhere else but I hope at some point we bring him back.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,379 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    "You mad? You mad? Bring me a cup of water."

Now, that was funny.
  13. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,379 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    Glad to hear it. Back to football. This is good news. Let's hope he keeps it up and it continues thru camp and into the season.
  14. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,806 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    no i think he's in the same position QC was in(not drugs to do or not to do)
    but this is his make or break year he does something now or he gets cut from the team