1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Tim Brown said Bill Callahan sabotaged the Raiders in the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BEMYDADJERRY, Jan 22, 2013.

1. BEMYDADJERRY

BEMYDADJERRY Member

745 Messages
    18 Likes Received
  2. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,644 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    I think it's hogwash.

No person in their right mind is going to be sabotage their chances at winning a Super Bowl in the Super Bowl. And they had a fiasco with their starting center right before the Super Bowl as well.

People forget how great the 2002 Bucs defense was. Their QB rating allowed on defense?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...onType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

I think Callahan probably just out-smarted himself and it probably didn't make much of a difference anyway.

YR
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think Tim Brown is a little pissed that he wasn't good enough to win a Super Bowl when he had the chance.
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tim Brown is always spewing this kind of stuff. He really needs to just go away and stop acting so bitter.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,530 Messages
    2,095 Likes Received
    That's ridiculous. I know he's hated Callahan for a long time, but "sabotage" is absurd. No coach is going to intentionally lose a Superbowl because he's friends with the guy on the other team. Come on, Tim.
  6. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

785 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Brown trashed Tressman too since he's bitter about losing the #1 WR gig to Jerry Rice. Made him miss out on a 1000 yd season. He said "I'm not a selfish player, but come on, if I put the work in, make this happen for me." If you have to say you are not something you usually are.
  7. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,927 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Wasn't it their center that wigged out night before the game and didn't play.

I kind of remember something about the center, and how much he hurt the team.
  8. brickman

brickman Active Member

1,353 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Yep, Barrett Robbins.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,087 Messages
    1,623 Likes Received
    Brown was a disgruntled player so what. Pete Gent who wrote North Dallas 40 and trashed Landry did not think much of Coach Landry so does that make everything he said about Landry the truth? Or just his own perspective
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,965 Messages
    5,625 Likes Received
    I agree and I think the NFL coaching fraternity agrees too or Callahan would be black balled out of the league for pulling a stunt like that.
  11. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    exactly. Tim Brown seems like a complete tool.
  12. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,263 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    I'm sick of Tim Brown. The guy comes off as a whining crybaby on just about every interview I hear him on. No wonder he hasn't made the HOF yet or for that matter never played on a Super Bowl winning team. He points the finger at everyone else at every chance he gets.
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,577 Messages
    3,445 Likes Received
    Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Former Raiders FB Jon Ritchie texts: "I've said it for years. What we practiced heavily during the week is not what we ran in (SB XXXVII)"

Ritchie (con'd): "Could have been due to Barrett (Robbins) absence. It was never explained to me." Jon mentioned he's said it several times.
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,308 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Anonymous Raiders' starter says there was always dysfunction but didn't support Brown's version. "Bill wanted to kick (Gruden's) ."
  15. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,885 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    Just heard Gannon refute this claim on the radio.....
  16. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    brown is a CLOWN......another mentally deranged domer....must be in the water at ND....Theismann is a pip too:laugh2:
  17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,869 Messages
    585 Likes Received
    So Ritchie agrees with him and others say its not true. HMMMM
  18. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...he's a drama queen too...it figures these two dolts would say this. I'm sure Barrett Robbins will concur at some point: if they can reach him in Prison.:rolleyes:
  19. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    lol, Jerry was paranoid enough already.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,965 Messages
    5,625 Likes Received
    I think he did too. I just think Callahan got grossly out coached.

I'm not too big on that guy's potential as anything but an OL coach. I didn't like the OC title he got here and certainly don't want him calling plays.