1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Tim Brown said Bill Callahan sabotaged the Raiders in the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BEMYDADJERRY, Jan 22, 2013.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Jerry Rice says Brown is right

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-with-tim-brown-bill-callahan-sabotaged-us/

2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,709 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    Callahan is so overrated but must have been doing something right since the Raiders were the most explosive offense that season.

Brown and others have questioned Callahan as a HC but I don't believe anyone doubts he knows his X's and O's.

If anything, the guy that the Cowboys should bring in as QB coach is Rich Gannon. Unlike Wade Wilson, he was a mobile QB who led one of the most explosive offenses to the SB.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    If the Raiders ran the ball 30 times and lost the game, Brown and Rice would complain that they should have passed the ball more in that game.
  5. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    :laugh2: There's nothing Cowboy homers won't try to spin away from another joke of a decision by Jerry Jones.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Again Dallas had players who complained about Landry, North Dallas 40 was not showing Landry in a good light. Some guys did not like him in the end who cares how Pete Gent felt and in the end who cares what Rice or Brown felt other Raider players had no problems with Callahan. The only people even making an issue over this are those who complain to hear themselfs.

They don't want Garrett, they don't want Callahan and unless it is a coach of their own choosing they will complain so who really cares about what the whiners are saying.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    How is this remotely related to Jerry Jones? Talk about spin.
  8. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,742 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received

lol.

Wow. Way to reach way out there to take another jab at Jerry Jones. Look I don't like Jones, he annoys me, and there are plenty of reasons to take jabs at him and such.

What Tim Brown and Jerry Rice said about what Callahan may or may not have done back in 2002 is not something that even remotely relates to Jerry and his stupidity.
  10. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This story came out more than 2 years ago. ESPN is not breaking this story or finding this stroy. Tim Brown told this story at Ticketstock 2 years ago. And then a year later talked about on the Ticket.
    ESPN is just trying to find something now that Callahan is rumored to be the new Offensive play caller.
    I like Tim Brown but this theory is really a reach. I know Brown doesn't like the guy.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,534 Messages
    2,219 Likes Received
    Early onset dementia.
  12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,793 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    First time I've ever seen WRs (former pro bowlers at that) complain about a coach deciding to put the game in their hands by passing a lot.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,534 Messages
    2,219 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  14. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,372 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    This pretty much sums it up but not just ESPN. It's picking up steam with other media outlets too. I hope it dies down soon. I can't believe a coach would sabotage himself, especially on a stage that big.
  15. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He told the story a couple of years ago, but now it's front page news. :laugh2:
  16. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,793 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    You just know Michael Irvin wants to give them the business over this. He wanted the ball.
  17. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    great point
  18. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    VERY CURIOUS how this will affect TIM BROWNs chance to get into the Hall of Fame.... big gamble at this point..Open mouth and insert foot IMO
  19. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,390 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    I heard some excerpts from an interview with Rice tonight. I don't remember it word for word, but he pretty much agreed with Brown. Said that he thought it was deliberate sabotage on Callahan's part, and speculated that Barrett Robbins headed to Mexico and went on his binge because he was distraught over Callahan changing the game plan from a rush-heavy attack to a passing game on the Friday before the Super Bowl. You know, he freaked because of the extra responsibility as the line's signal caller and headed to Tijuana. Didn't mention Robbins history of drinking/drugs/erratic behavior at all. Pretty incredible accusations.
  20. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,180 Messages
    155 Likes Received