1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Tim Brown said Bill Callahan sabotaged the Raiders in the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BEMYDADJERRY, Jan 22, 2013.

1. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ed Werder posted this quote by Bill Callahan on Twitter:

@EdWerderESPN Bill Callahan statement: "I am shocked, saddened and outraged by Tim Brown’s allegations and Jerry Rice’s support of those allegations.."nfl
  2. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,201 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    For whatever reason the Raiders seemed to quit on Callahan the next season. They went from the SB to 4-12 and went from 450 pts to 270 pts. I know they were an old team and Rick Mirer started 9 games, but that is a dramatic drop.
  3. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

618 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I was hoping this would wake some people up about the "Saint" Jerry Rice. This behavior is very common of Rice. Where you think T.O. got it from
  4. RoboQB

RoboQB Active Member

365 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Agreed.

I used to be a fan of Rice.... Then I heard him speak.
  5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    If anything Diva Jerry should be thankful for Callahan, it was his system that resurrected a decling career and made him All Pro worthy again.
  6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,032 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I can't believe a football player would make up a girlfriend online and then kill her off.

Wait, this is the wrong thread. :laugh2:
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....he's lucky he was such a great player or he'd be working at Mcdonald's..dude is NOT bright.:rolleyes:
  8. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,466 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    :laugh2: It could hardly be more relevant than on the day he gets appointed playcaller by Jones, 3 former players say his mismanagement cost them a chance at a SB.

No reach there in the slightest.

But on the subject of the OP, I think Brown is wrong on part of what he said. I don't think there's anyway that Callahan purposely threw the game for Gruden's benefit. I'd wager that a certain overzealous owner got wind of the game plan, and gave Callahan a his own version.

Sort of like a different owner pushed his way through the crowd to tell his HC who he was to remove from the game immediately a little over a year ago....
  9. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,030 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Looks like the 2002 Buccaneers was not happy hearing Tim Brown's comments.:laugh1:

SIAP: