1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Time for the Dallas Cowboys to dump DeMarco Murray

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    by ***** Flores

With DeMarco Murray on pace to miss his sixth-straight game on Thursday, I think it’s time the Dallas Cowboys begin to look at running back prospects.

Last season the Cowboys drafted Murray in the third round and for a little while it looked as though Murray was the steal of the draft. He burst onto the scene and set the Cowboys single-game rushing record with 253 rushing yards against the St. Louis Rams.

There’s a reason, however, that Murray dropped to the third round; he’s fragile. He was hurt in college, got hurt during his rookie year, and is hurt this year. Worst part of the injury is that it involves his feet. What good is a running back that can’t use his feet?

LINK read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/11/21/time-for-the-dallas-cowboys-to-dump-demarco-murray/
  2. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,948 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Dump him? No he is still a valuable asset. But we better make sure we have a RB capable of starting behind him next season. To be prepared for when Murray gets hurt.
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,810 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    He isn't the running back the Cowboys drafted him to be? He was a 3rd round running back. He's more than what they expected. Its far too early to give up on him. FAR too early.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,145 Messages
    1,317 Likes Received
    I wouldn't dump him.

Just play him until his contract is up and bring in the next guy.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,927 Messages
    3,871 Likes Received
    Lol. Where'd I put that baby again? It was right there, in the bathwater, last time I looked for it.
  6. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,235 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Can't dump him but a dependable backup must be found. Now is when they should be starting and looking at Dunbar/Tanner. That's why this delusion of actual playoff contention is damaging.
  7. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, let's dump him and replace him with that calliber of player we can draft in the first round - like a Felix Jones, because that worked out so well for us. :rolleyes:
  8. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    lol silly writers... It doesn't matter what RB is back there with the run blocking this o-line gives you
  9. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,797 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  10. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    It'd be foolish to dump/trade Murray right now while his value is at its lowest. I'm suspicious about his durability but his first injury last year was one that would have injured anybody - a 280 pound many jumped and landed directly on his ankle as he was trying to escape.

I do think a vet RB should be brought on to back him up. Alternatively a 4th or 5th round draft pick could be spent here.

Heck, if the terms are good I'd think seriously about bringing Felix back. I still think he has an amazing burst and just needs to be utilized better as a change of pace, 3rd down RB, 7-10 touches per game.
  11. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    What is sad is that the Redskins drafted some spare in the 6th round this April who is not only going to gain 1,000 yards this season but he put up an easy 100 against the Cowboys. Meanwhile, the Cowboys 3rd round pick from last year is sitting in the tub sipping on a mojito. Oye!
  12. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    866 Likes Received
    It really didn't take long for the "dump Murray" chants to begin. I predicted this last year sometime when people were still crying about getting rid of Felix. There are a long lines of Dallas Cowboys running backs who can relate to Murray's predicament. J. Jones, M. Barber, Felix Jones all one time saviors of the franchise only to fall to deadbeat bum status in short order. Its absolutely hilarious....:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:
  13. rocyaice

5,810 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Demarco>>>>>Alfred Morris.
  14. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Dumping him would be foolish. Not drafting an insurance policy in the upcoming draft would be equally foolish.
  15. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    yea and Shannahan BLOCKING SCHEME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

he has always found scubs RB's

and turned them into great RB's

BECAUSE OF HIS BLOCKING SCHEME
  16. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,092 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    Draft the kid from Florida!!!! Mike gilislee the kid is a stud!!
  17. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,199 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    I don't know about dumping him, but looking for a more reliable option? Hell yeah. The guy is an awesome talent, and a lot of fun to watch, but he just cannot be relied on.
  18. rocyaice

5,810 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    How many guys have you seen he's drafted or signed that have gone on to have success without him lol?
  19. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,199 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Clinton Portis did pretty good for himself.
  20. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    We can't draft a solid RB to save our lives. Felix, Tashard and now Murray. All useless.