1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Time to stockpile Twinkies?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Phoenix, Nov 16, 2012.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The bakers union represented 30% of Hostess' entire workforce; 70% agreed to pay concessions and instead got the boot, thanks to the union. Even the Teamsters suggested they take the concessions and get back to work.

Nice job unions.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,313 Messages
    6,297 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  3. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,650 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    If I was an unskilled laborer in this economy and my boss said "you need to take a pay cut or I'll go out of business and you'll be unemployed" then ya, I'd probably take the paycut.

Those 18,000 folks will be standing up for themselves on the unemployment line now.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    See, the problem is you get employers like Walmart who don't give a crap and will lie to their employees to rob them of their deserved monies.

Unions are good to protect employees, but when you get the wrong people controlling the Unions, they hose the people and the company too.

Unions are good, but Unions can DEFINITELY be bad for all when you have trash running the Union.

Unions officials are like Government officials. If you have good ones, your country runs well. When you get trash running the show, the country begins to falter.

In this case, both sides were trash.
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Why is Hostess trash? Because they were a successful company who are dealing with the consequences of our times? Everybody is trying to deal with it except the fools who think they can ignore it and go about with business as usual attitudes and make demands in an ailing economy.
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    There was greed and bullying from both sides. Hostess should not be closing it's doors and I don't believe there is a reason beyond what was happening between management and the Union that Hostess should be closing down.
  7. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    What a Zinger of a news story. Looks like some Ding Dongs ruined it for a lotta people. It's no Wonder things Sno-Balled like they did. The CEOs are laughing and Ho-Hoing it all the way to the bank. Donette ver forget Unions are a bad deal.

Wow that hurt to write...
  8. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,052 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

That was good, bro!
  9. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,069 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    BTW a 3 dollar box of Twinkies is going for around 30 or 40 bucks or even higher on ebay right now.
    The several stores i visited earlier today were all sold out of Hostess products.
  10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,119 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Deserved according to who?
  11. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

2,816 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    When you got the Big Daddy union (Teamsters) looking at the books and they tell their members that Hostess isn't bluffing, then the little brother union should listen.
  12. Passepartout

Passepartout Member

305 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Really everybody is buying up Twinkies and fast. As think that another company could buy them up. Hostess is going out. But somewhere and somehow, some company will get Twinkies somehow, somewhere.
    Twinkies just had an addiction to them a few days ago. They can't die so soon! :banghead: :bang2: :(
  13. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,069 Messages
    86 Likes Received
  14. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,776 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    Twinkies shelf life is only 3 weeks.
  15. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,650 Messages
    69 Likes Received
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,835 Messages
    334 Likes Received
  17. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,871 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Believe it or not, the Hostess line is still licensed to be made in Canada. You'll be able to come up and smuggle this crap back home. I'm looking to establish "junk-food tourism" in the months to come. A chain of spas dedicated to clogging your arteries will be waiting for eager gluttons. :p:
    BTW, I'm one of those guys who hasn't eaten a Twinkie in 35 years.;)
  18. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,835 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Ha ha, go for it :D

I also have not had a Twinkie in decades. But I must say, just last night I stopped in a 7-11 for milk & beer (yes, seriously lol), and spur of the moment remembered the Great Snack Apocalypse going on, so briefly peered at the snacks aisle. All Twinkies long gone, but there were a lot of other Hostess snacks. I ignored them :)

(thinking I should go back and hoard them and now put them on eBay lol)
  19. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  20. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,107 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    i wonder if they would sell the rights to make them?