1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Timmy Jernigan wants to be a cowboy

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bowdown27, Apr 15, 2014.

1. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,080 Messages
    977 Likes Received
    Well if you are against players that take plays off then you'll have to scratch Clowney off your list. He takes plays off as well.
  2. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Here's another picture he just posted on twitter of him and he's wearing a Cowboys shirt.

456611625017962496 is not a valid tweet id

I'm a huge Jernigan fan and I'd love to take him at 16 and it would be even better if they got him in a trade down but I doubt he falls too far. I'd prefer Barr and Donald though.
    TheFinisher likes this.
  3. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    456612809036406785 is not a valid tweet id
    TheFinisher likes this.
  4. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,978 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I don't want clowney.
  5. noletime95

noletime95 Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about
  6. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,080 Messages
    977 Likes Received
    If Donald is off the board and there isn't a good passrusher at DE to fill in, I would consider taking Jerigan. His not as good as Donald but I think his the 2nd best tackle in the draft. I think he'll end up being a good player for us especially with Marinelli coaching. Like someone said he can play both the 1 tech and 3 tech and has some passrushing skills. He's certainly not like Floyd for sure.
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,615 Messages
    1,193 Likes Received
    Teams don't care. Most understand that these kids have favorite teams, but that the money and loyalty to the team that chooses them - not to mention professionalism - will turn them pretty quickly.
  8. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,830 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    I think its a long shot he ends up here, but I'll say it would be refreshing to get a guy who really took some pride in the star. I think Dez was the last pick I got that sense from right away
    casmith07 likes this.
  9. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,622 Messages
    19 Likes Received

This may be unfair, because I think he has talent, BUT I was totally turned off in the National Championship game when he was SUCKING wind the whole drive in a crucial moment instead of SUCKING it up.
  10. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,620 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    Mel said last night Jernigan is falling fast to the end of the first - he also said Bridgewater could slip into the 2nd.

A lot of you are a lot smarter than me about the draft but It's pretty amazing what happens to the stock of players in just a few weeks.
    Common Sense likes this.
  11. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,426 Messages
    969 Likes Received
    it could be just a cover but I have read that Jernigann had flu during the game
  12. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,521 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    If the team thinks he can play a Booger McFarland role, they will draft him. It has nothing to do with an arbitrarily numbered space on the football field. It's about impact and playing time, i.e., can he be a three-down DT in this defense? I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure the team does by now.
  13. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,978 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    as opposed to you being it the know it all!! don't get offended.

reports about him is that he doesn't have a consistent motor and loses concentration and his technique and thus gets pushed out of plays and becomes a none-factor. compare him to Donald, where reports are he is got a non stop motor.

first round picks need to be solid. players who can go 60 plays if need be. go as hard as possible every play and not fall sleep.

are you a Seminole by any chance? why the favoritism?
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Bridgewater could be selected in the first, but after his pro day and rumblings of individual workouts, I think he'll do a Geno Smith slide.
  15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,174 Messages
    2,379 Likes Received
    I prefer Donald, but I'd be fine with Jernigan, too.
  16. udas

udas Active Member

115 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Hypothetical case here, but say Barr is the pick at 16, Jerrigan is dropping, would you trade away the 3rd round pick to move up and take him?
  17. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

958 Messages
    987 Likes Received
    Nope.

I'd use my 2nd on a good OG, then use the 3rd rounder of Sutton or Easley (hopefully Easley). Draft is insanely deep this year, and those picks are valuable. I'd rather get two or three good players than one stud.
  18. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,594 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    Exactly. He is advertising himself. His agent probably told him a range of picks where he could fall and he liked Dallas the best.
  19. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,511 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    It's actually the other way around. Jernigan gives great effort and consistency, he plays til the whistle, while Donald has a habit of giving up on plays too early if he thinks he's out of it. Donald does a lot of walking around.

And this is all well documented.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I agree. Dez us the only player on the team that has the respect for the star and allows it to show. Dez could fit in with the team's of the 90s. I think it us a rare trait with today's players.
    The Natural likes this.