1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tired of hearing Garrett losing power / Gruden on the Way

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sandman, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Sandman

Sandman Member

234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I am so damn tired of hearing this. Jason is STILL the HEAD COACH! Now he can focus on beng the HEAD COACH! Now he will have more influence on the WHOLE team because he can be a HEAD COACH! Every SB wining Cowboys coach DID NOT call plays. Please shut up about Garrett losing power, he is actually gaining it. Ask Jimmy Johnson what he thinks - this is the best move for Jason and the COWBOYS! Jerrah got it right but people read to Yahoo news to believe what they know is true, this is a goos move for Cowboys!

BTW- Jason will be the coach of the Cowboys for the next 10 years, not because of Jerry but because of Stephen Jones. Gruden doesnt fit with Cowboys and would will be a terrible hire.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,010 Messages
    3,716 Likes Received
    The Gruden rumor might be the dumbest of all the Jerry related stories over the years.

It is amazing that people believe that an owner would plan out the coaching staff a year in advance of hiring the head coach. That would indicate that Jerry is planning on 2013 being a losing season.

Love him or hate him, people just have not been paying attention if they think Jerry plans on losing. He just does not think in those terms.

The 2nd thing is that Jerry wouldn't put that type of effort into getting a Head Coach. He does not place that high of a value on them. IMO, he believes that the assistants and coordinators do all of the work.

The 3rd reason is that Jerry would not want a media-popular HC. It's like Parcells not a wanting a Celebrity QB.
  3. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

1,886 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Garrett wont last past next season IMO fwiw
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,179 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,366 Messages
    376 Likes Received

:eek:hno:................:angry:!!
  6. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

1,886 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Agreed
  7. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,085 Messages
    372 Likes Received

I agree....might as well fire him now, Jerry pretty much neutered him in the eyes of the players by the moves thus far...
  8. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,397 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,651 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Gruden might not be coming but there's no doubt that Garretts lost what little power he had with the team. This coming season is a make or break season for him. I always wanted him to be just a head coach but it had to be his choice.
  10. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,754 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    I never understood the theory that if Garrett isn't calling plays, then he shouldn't be the head coach. Most head coaches in the league don't call plays. The JOB for Garrett is to win games and win a Super Bowl. I wouldn't care who is calling plays if that happened.

Then you have people here who have called for Garrett to give up his playcalling and once that happens...they say that Garrett lost all of his power.

YR
  11. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    It is the right move, but.....it is odd. I think I posted something along those lines prior to all the coaching changes. I just wish they had brought in someone from the outside and turned over more of the offensive staff.

I don't think the Gruden thing is a possibility, but I am curious why they decided the Tampa 2 was the way they wanted to go. I'm sure the Chicago game might have had some influence, but it seems like an odd transition.
  12. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

1,886 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I think people understand there are many HCs who don't call plays. Garrett not calling the plays is not the issue. The issue is it appears Jerry made the call to strip the play calling duties from Garrett. If this is indeed what happened then it compromises Garrett's authority.
  13. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,366 Messages
    376 Likes Received

Most everything that comes out of his mouth compromises any authority other than his own.
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,683 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    Yep, should be pretty obvious.

Did anyone hear Greg Ellis on the Fan about half an hour ago? They asked him about these very things. He said the players do pay attention to things like this (Jerry making coaching hires and stripping playcalling) and they do realize that Jerry is the one in charge. And he said that did affect the team at times, though he didn't give specifics.

But he said everyone just had to realize that was the way things were here and play anyway.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,904 Messages
    4,733 Likes Received
    Yeah, JG really limits himself when he opens his mouth. Good point.
  16. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

1,886 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    And just think, there is now a rumor Jerry had diner with Gruden. :lmao2: That helps.
  17. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,163 Messages
    513 Likes Received

so true, and hopefully this helps him and the team and if it does i will be happy and thrilled for all of us. if it doesnt ill jut quietly let it go and not even say "i was right" because its more about "how does the team do" compared with my petty ego.

even tho i wasnt a fan of JG last season, thats behind us, moves were made and JG retains his title (possibly for the better what do i know) and if it leads to success, I think we will all revel in the success.
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    It is about what has been perceived as rammed down his throat by Jerry. Doesnt matter how true it is. Perception is reality.
  20. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,640 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Did Garrett need to turnover the play calling duties? I would say yes. Was Garrett going to voluntarily give up his play calling duties? He has stated previously he wouldn't. After a couple of seasons, where Garrett's game managing has come into question, didn't there need to be change? If Garretts not going to make a needed change, who is? Jerry is his boss, and deemed Garrett would be better served having someone else doing the play calling. Callahan, or whoever. Why all the fuss over perception, when in reality, something had to change to improve the overall offense and team play.