1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tired of hearing Garrett losing power / Gruden on the Way

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sandman, Jan 25, 2013.

1. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If the truth hurts take pain pills
  2. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,260 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Garrett will be the HC for the next 10yrs
  3. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    LOL!!!
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,630 Likes Received
    It kind of makes you wonder why a guy like Marinelli would leave a comfortable situation in DET for a possible one-year shot here iN DAL, doesn't it? It might just be that Garrett's on more solid ground than his detractors want to admit.
  5. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    no he didnt.....so, that kinda blows the rest of your post....
  6. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Not really. You should look it up. I'll send yea a link.
  7. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

775 Messages
    235 Likes Received

I am tired of more threads like this about Garrett and Gruden :rolleyes:
  8. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    We'll see how it plays out, but losing the playcalling job might enable Garrett to stay here longer. Possibly much longer.

For all his faults, Jerry has always been a glass half full person. I don't think he'd go into a season preparing for failure and an eventual coaching change. I don't like him as a gm, but that's not his style.
  9. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Wasn't Marinelli DC in Chicago last year? He was out of a job until Jerry came calling.
  10. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,451 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Not true, The new Chicago HC (Trestman) offered the DC job to him. Marinelli turned it down. In part to work with Kiffen again, but mainly because he didn't want to work in Chicago anymore after Lovie Smith got canned.
  11. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    nice article ...but no where in it did he say he wouldnt voluntarily give up play calling duties...
  12. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,290 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    What comfortable situation in Detroit was he leaving? He hasn't been there since 08. Did he have another offer?

Or did you mean Chicago? Plenty of reasons to leave Chicago.
  13. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,868 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,630 Likes Received
    No, I just had it in my head that he was still in DET. Oops. :)
  15. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's amazing many don't get that. Not only stripping his play calling but firing and or strongly urging him to fire his assistants. It is all par for the course for the worse GM in football.
  16. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,804 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    Look at the longest tenured active head coaches, lets say hired in 2007 and before. Belichick, Tomlin, Coughlin, Payton, Kubiak, McCarthy, Lewis. Between them all they've got 35 playoff berths, 36 division titles, and 8 Super Bowl titles. And the insiders at CZ are trying to convince us all that Garrett who has none of the 3, will be here for a period amounting to 13 years :lmao2:
  17. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    I somewhat agree, we miss the playoffs another year and he is gone. I happen to think that Jerry's "meddling" may be the best thing that ever happened to Garrett. He has some good qualities as a head coach, however he was in WAY too far over his head pulling double duty running the offense. The double duty hurt him in both positions. With Garrett just focusing on running the team (discipline & motivation), I think we will make the playoffs and have some success next year which may very well set Garrett up for a long tenure as head coach.
  18. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

693 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Not a big fan of Gruden, even though he would be an immediate improvement over Garrett. Garrett is here next season, after which we will be on the hunt for a new one.
  19. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm tired of the fact that Garrett is still getting excused for his ineptitude and is still the HC of this franchise..
  20. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First he was fired from Detroit. Secondly, it was Chicago and third, he's a disciple of Kiffin. Fourth, he was made Assistant Head Coach and he thinks Garrett may actually fail and he has an oppurtunity to be interim Head Coach and then Head Coach.. Fifth, his boy Lovie Smith was fired.