1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tired of the same Cowboy pics???

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Juke99, Oct 24, 2004.

1. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reading y'alls posts about the old days is making me misty for those days....

There was sooo much pride in being a Cowboys player and fan back then... The players were bigger than life. They use to run out on the field so tall and mean. The Doomsday was feared, teams would shake when they took the field.

When Trick took me to that Eagles game last year, it was a dream come true. When you go into the stadium for the first time, it takes your breath. Looking up at the open dome, I could imagine God watching over our home. In my minds eye I could see and hear Landry, Staubach, Pearson, Hill, Lilly, Harris, White, Henderson, Dorsett and my other favorites. It gave me chills. I was soo in awe of what I was seeing that I had a hard time not tripping over my own boots. And then to meet a few of my favorite Cowboys of all time, talk to them, get their autographs and blush as they signed my chest... And to be there when Tex was put into the ROH... made me cry...A day that can never be matched.

It would be sooo cool and a dream come true to see those legends together again and play a short scrimmage against their opponents from that time. But it just wouldn't be the same without Tom and Tex.

God I miss the old school team... I think I'm gonna go cry now
  2. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

I was at Texas Stadium for the first time five years ago....I had the same feeling as the first time I walked into Yankee stadium as a kid...awestruck...

Having seen the Cowboys at the Meadowlands, for year, paled in comparison...I have a few pictures I should scan and post of my first trip to Texas Stadium...

I am glad that you had a chance to share the experience...although it must have been a real inconvenience to bring a chest with you...next time, you should just have them sign a football...it's a lot smaller and easier to transport than a chest. :)
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,721 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    She carries a chest well... trust me... ;)

That WAS a great day... beat the Iggles... great seats... everyone in a good mood... former players hobnobbing in the Corral with the likes of us...

One of the best days I ever had at the Temple of Football...
  4. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was a great day..... I don't think I'll ever get rid of the cell phone that Drew Pearson talked to my dad on. It's in a box w/ the ticket stub w/ the Tex ROH pic, the plastic Cowboys cups we brought back for the kids (minus the tequilla sunrises that were in them). :)

The whole day was in sync. The TD on the kickoff, the Cowboys domination of the Eagles, your calling the plays before they happened and being right EVERYTIME, the hobnobbing w/ the likes of Drew Pearson, Eugene Lockhardt, The Babe, Stephen Jones...

Still can't get over listening to that conversation w/ Stephen Jones that you had and his asking my name. Every conversation we had, they looked us in the eyes and responded to us personally. Like when Drew Pearson said I didn't look old enough to remember him playing... when I told him how big a fan I was and about my watching him when I was younger (he was fibbing but it was sweet). Eugene insisting that he get to sign the other side of my chest cuz Pearson signed there. It was funny when I told Eugene that I only wanted the legends to sign my shirt and he said "what else is there?"...Your reaction to the way they signed my chest...My reaction to the way they did it.. Even the hotdogs were great. And having the feeling that when the motorcade of past stars and legends drove by waving, they were waving right at you...It was a perfect day for a Cowboys fans first experience.

Everyone should get a chance to step back into their childhood and experience the Cowboys of that time...

Thanx Chad :D
  5. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  6. Letemburn

Letemburn Member

787 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  7. Letemburn

Letemburn Member

787 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Wanted to kill the man for this
  8. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Ya just gotta LOVE those jinxed dark blue jerseys....
  9. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I actually miss those things now... all jerseys this year are jinx'd :D

oh.. except for the throwbacks from the turkey day game
  10. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

I haven't heard back yet from the BIG GUY regarding Novacek under the tree...he emailed to say he has a LOT of files to go through for you...

*L* at your "all jerseys" are jinxed comment..
  11. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Files? what files? I've been really good so there shouldn't be any files... well, there was that one time or was it two that I ... nevermind

I deserve a cowboy under my tree... first pick.. Novacek of course after that... I'll move to a George Strait kinda cowboy..
  12. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

OH MY!!! "Merry Christmas Wherever You Are" Oh my..makes me want to throw myself off a roof every time I hear that song....GeeezLouise...I wrote one called "It Won't Be Christmas Without You"...bad enough..His was worse.

I think Santa is still contemplating your uh, Cowboy's autographs...the ones that you got at the game, if you recall...Santa thinks that having the players sign the program or a piece of paper would have been the way to go...me and the elves are trying to convince him otherwise. :D
  13. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received

But, but.... It was all innocent... how was I suppose to know that they were going to paw at me.. it was my first game... Blame Trick.. he's been to hundreds of games and talked to the boyz in the past... he woulda known before I would...

Besides... I didn't have a program for the game. I didn't even know that those exist... Did Trick forget to get me one??? And I didn't take a purse into the stadium with me so I didn't have paper... At least I didn't pull up my shirt and have them sign my belly or something... :D
  14. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

"Digging down deeper and deeper, in that hole you're already in....if you can't lie no better....you might as well tell the truth..."

Delbert McClinton

Hey, tell Trick to get you this for Christmas...

[IMG]
  15. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    awww... I want that!!! But he won't get it for me... :(
  16. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

He won't get you a Jay bobblehead?

Hmmmmm...maybe you really HAVEN'T been good this year... :p

[IMG]
  17. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,721 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    That's the problem... had she been bad... then well...
  18. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thank you for the newest image for my Jay collection... I LOVE this one
  19. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How bad do I gotta be for my Novacek bobble head.. I'd do just about anything for the Cowboys and especially for Jay... :D

I've been bad... I can be even more bad than YOU could imagine.... :p
  20. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Ya know, suddenly I feel as if I accidentally dialed one of those "900" numbers... :eek: :)

Maybe I should leave you two alone to discuss this.... *L*