1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Titans Expected to Cut Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by HoustonFrog, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,941 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...Johnson?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

2. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,899 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    I see him in either, NY Jets, Pats, Maybe Oakland, Maybe Jax if they throw a ton of money at him, dark horse would be atl
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,981 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    I predict Houston. They can't seem to keep one healthy and they know him well, being from the division and all.
  4. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,266 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    From one of the best a few years ago to an afterthought. But that's the life of a RB in today's league.
  5. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Wow, if we had the money I'd sign him We're cap strung. Murray gets hurt too often. I know our focus is defense but Johnson would be a nice addition. Too bad.
  6. HoustonFrog

1,941 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I know this sounds strange but I've heard repots that Carolina wants to save some cash by finally cutting DWIII and Stewart. If they just keep Tolbert they may be able to try and convince CJ to come in for less. Good fit in my book.
  7. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,593 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Doesn't sound strange at all, in today's NFL you should cut high priced/high profile RBs and pick up guys in the 4th-6th rounds that can do 80% of that production off the bat. One guy who I would love to see use throw a low pick over to the Saints for is Khiry Robinson of the Saints he is their 5th RB and I am willing to bet he can be virtually what Murray is for us.
  8. HoustonFrog

1,941 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    That may be a good deal.

I meant it might be strange since they collected 3 RBs. Why add another. But as I said, if they cut the overrated and injured expenses of DWIII and Stewart, having CJ for less with Tolbert would go well with Cam I believe.
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,705 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    I doubt the Saints are giving up a RB who flashed potential and is cheap for a low round pick. Especially when they aren't real happy with the way Ingram has been playing overall.
  10. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,890 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Don't have dances of 4.24 dancing in your head. He's clearly lost a step and can't cut nor explode like he used to.

Life of a NFL RB. You have a limited shelf life and stuck in a passing league.
  11. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,184 Messages
    1,151 Likes Received
    If he were a Cowboy people would be claiming that once he got paid he stopped showing up.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,089 Messages
    4,295 Likes Received
    I remember the old threads debating the chances of Johnson possibly catching Emmitt. Clearly we all know the answer now but back in those days some were seriously concerned.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,853 Messages
    2,129 Likes Received
    Yeah, that was bit much. It was a different era and Emmit was much more built for the long haul.
    Though I had trust that CJ could be great, I would never think he would top those all time numbers.

This may surprise some of you though.
    After six seasons, Chris Johnson has only missed 1 game, accumulated nearly 8000 yards, and has never rushed for under 1000 yards...all while averaging 4.5 ypc.

However, I just don't think RBs (other than maybe AP) should paid like he did these days.
  14. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,559 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    I had no doubt he wouldn't catch Emmitt. Emmitt's strength was his durability. C.J. isn't built to carry a load like Emmitt's.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,738 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    Well, just an observation but if we are not really going to use the running game, a back like Johnson really fits our needs better then a back like Murray. I like Murray and I absolutely believe we should use him more but hey, if we aren't going to do that, then a quick strike guy like Johnson is probably what we should be trying to move to.
    REDVOLUTION likes this.
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,241 Messages
    2,665 Likes Received
    If someone changes the way they use him, and use him more like Marshall Faulk, he can stick around longer.

But as a traditional between the tackles back, he's pretty much done.
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,241 Messages
    2,665 Likes Received
    Khiry Robinson is probably going to start for the Saints this coming season.
  18. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

1,070 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    I think CJ2K should go to the Browns coupled with the drafting of Manziel to push that team over the edge.
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,184 Messages
    1,151 Likes Received
    Over the edge of what? A cliff?
    Future likes this.
  20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,156 Messages
    1,510 Likes Received
    I don't know the cap implications, but Carolina should cut one of Williams/Stewart and go with CJ and Tolbert. They would have all kinds of options and flexibility out of the backfield.