1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Titus Young officially available *Claimed by Rams*

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Idgit, Feb 5, 2013.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    He'll be a Pat before the sun sets probably. They will bring him in, the media will fall in love with him and he will add a few more years of life to Brady's career.

Oh well.

:laugh2:
  2. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,776 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    I guess it just depends on how you look at things:

1) Sucker punched a teammate ... or a hands-on, result-oriented player
    2) Lined up wrong on purpose ... or already knows more than the playcaller
    3) Screaming match with WR coach ... or plays with unbridled emotion
    4) Begged team to cut him on Twitter ... or bold and tech savvy

I venture to guess he will never play in the NFL again. And he will be in jail for doing something stupid sometime soon.
  3. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    What's his 40 ?
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,782 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    Sounds like Steve Smith of the panthers to me.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    If you only got one Laurent Robinson season out of him, it would be a plus on a low risk contract.
  6. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,624 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    I'm betting Colts or Broncos.
  8. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When the Lions don't want you - that's all you need to know.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,658 Messages
    6,384 Likes Received
    CLINT BOYTE
    LEXINGTON, KY
    I believe that Dwayne Harris and Cole Beasley are both solid receivers. However, they just don't demand that much respect in the passing game. Jerry Jones is known for taking risks on troubled players. Do you see the Cowboys making a move for recently released Titus Young in free agency?

Nick: Well it depends what you’re asking Harris and Beasley to do. If Austin and Dez are still around, and those guys are your third and fourth guys, or maybe third and fifth, then you really don’t need to take a chance on a guy like Young. Someone will and you’re right about Jerry usually being that person. I wouldn’t rule it out but something tells me with the events that have taken place this offseason, I bet the Cowboys lean more towards high-character players in the draft and free agency.

Rowan:Victor Cruz, Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Danny Amendola. The list goes on and on, and in a perfect world, the Cowboys would have their choice of all the wonderful free agent wide receivers on the market. The bottom line is they don’t have the cap space to pick and choose
    their free agents as they wish. Young is a serviceable player with enough talent to stay in the league, but he hasn’t demonstrated he’s the kind of consistent player worth the headache of off-field and on-field incidents that the Cowboys seem to be trying to steer clear of.

More: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...rs-Coach/59fc8fcc-09d0-4f48-9188-3d4851a073c1
  10. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

951 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    hey say what you want about TO but TO never did this kinda mess especially on the field.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Not anymore.

Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog
    Good luck RT: @AnwarRichardson: #Lions WR Titus Young has been claimed by the #Rams
    Expand
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,658 Messages
    6,384 Likes Received
    Jeff Fisher is a sucker for problem children.
  13. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    That didn't take long.

His ego might fit in well with St. Louis, since he might actually be the best WR on the Rams. Ray Sherman will be his position coach.
  14. joseephuss

21,624 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    He will reunite with Austin Pettis. Maybe the Rams should make a play for Kellen Moore to get the Broncos gang back together.
  15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Haha.

I was just gonna say he's gonna be back with Pettis.
  16. joseephuss

21,624 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    I guess Danny Amendola will be available soon.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Can't blame the Rams for taking a chance on him. He is a talented player and a little attitude adjustment could make him a top WR. I wouldn't have wanted him around Dez, but for a team with a strong coach and strong leadership, it could be a steal.
  18. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Danny Amendola's agent:

"“I don’t think it affects Danny one bit,” agent Erik Burkhardt told Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “Titus Young isn’t anywhere in the same ZIP code as Danny as far as a player goes.

“I’m sure Young may disagree with that because he thinks he’s better than Calvin Johnson.”
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,117 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
    Ouch. That's great.
  20. joseephuss

21,624 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    Amendola has averaged 39.2 receptions, 349.2 yards and 1.4 TDs per season since coming into the league in 2008. Titus Young has averaged 40.5 receptions, 495 yards and 5 TDs per season since coming into the league in 2011. Seems like the same zip code to me.