1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: TLH: Is There Enough Talent In Dallas To Make A Super Bowl Run?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Jstopper

Jstopper Well-Known Member

326 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I see no way in earth McClain pulls a hayden and goes the entire season without a sack. Maybe I shouldn't say legit but definitely a clear upgrade from what we trotted out last year
  2. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,966 Messages
    1,529 Likes Received
    offense can make the defense look better by controlling the clock and scoring...the defense just needs to keep the other team in the 20-24 range and playoffs, here we come...however, once in there, other teams will have better defenses which will negate some of the cowboys offense....

just get in first
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,139 Messages
    1,845 Likes Received
    You're talking up George Selvie and an unproven rookie as replacements for a future Hall of Famer. You don't need to look anywhere but a mirror for 'dense'.

Until you find some, don't speak of 'understanding'. Critiquing a one technique for sacks? Yeah, go read a book!

And McClain didn't suddenly become this force since he's now wearing a star, despite what you'd like to believe. He hasn't played a game for this team yet, but people like you want to anoint him as this 'force' the rest of the league missed out on...
    As expected, you've again got nothing. Leave it to the smarter adults to talk about and stick to reading along, you might learn something along the way.

Sorry if facts hurt your hopes and dreams.

I guess it's true, ignorance really is bliss...
    Wayne02 likes this.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,139 Messages
    1,845 Likes Received
    Dude, there's a heckuva lot that you don't see.

:rolleyes:
    Wayne02 likes this.
  5. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,244 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    Sacks from that position are hardly the true indicator if the player is doing their job. Hayden was nothing but literal body occupying space. McClain needs to demand attention and get push upfield when facing single blocking.

But interestingly enough McClain has exactly one sack in 32 career games, Hayden has two in 44 games. Maybe McClain can catch him if he plays in all sixteen games this year.
  6. Jstopper

326 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    (dang you must be extremely happy then)
  7. Jstopper

326 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    The difference being that hayden was our starter with many many more snaps than McClain and opportunities to boost those stats but he didn't. He graded out negative for the year and was a liability. Numbers, the eye test, tape everything shows McClain is better than hayden. Guess we'll have to wait til the season to see how much better.
  8. Jstopper

326 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Pot meet the kettle
  9. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,251 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    If McClain has a calling card it is mobility and good pad levels.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,244 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    A career backup has calling cards now too?
    McLovin likes this.
  12. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,340 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    If you can't see what Jason and Jerry are doing here I don't know what to tell you.

...... Snicker ......

[IMG]
    stasheroo and tantrix1969 like this.
  13. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,668 Messages
    2,800 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, it's all concentrated in one area. And a pass offense does not a team make.
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,251 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    On the contrary, I find it misleading that a top pick in an NFL draft, and graded by the entire NFL, can't get so much as a kind word...and from a burn barrel buddy perspective. As if the poor man has done so much as anything to bring down the name of the Dallas Cowboys. But instead, is trying to contribute to the team.

I can understand why a perspective of holding down views to one's own level is needed for just such an individual...go figure.

And for the snubbing but lazy, I'd say 16 passes defended for a MLB a pretty strong calling card...in a single season.
  15. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,251 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    I'll go on record here and now, that if the defensive line holds up this season, no name or not, this team will be just fine come declaring NFC East crown and a playoff birth.
  16. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,251 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Oh, there was snubbing of the defensive line instead...:rolleyes: and not basing that on what he can contribute. But the differentiation wasn't offered to define scorn...did one say implied?

Let's see if the impulse to respond lasts a couple of posts...
  17. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    8-8?
  18. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,340 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    At best.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Speak for yourself. Literally.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Are you high? This team is going 1-15 at best!!!!!!!!!!!!!