1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: TLH: Mackenzy Bernadeau Early Favorite to Win LG Spot for the Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 26, 2014.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

18,171 Messages
    1,928 Likes Received
    Mackenzy Bernadeau Early Favorite to Win LG Spot for the Dallas Cowboys

[IMG]

Dec 2, 2012; Arlington, TX, USA; Dallas Cowboys guard Mackenzy Bernadeau (73) in action against Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks (95) at Cowboys Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
    by Reid Hanson

http://sportdfw.com/2014/07/25/mackenzy-bernadeau-early-favorite-win-lg-spot-dallas-cowboys/

The Dallas Cowboys announced yesterday they will be placing LG Ronald Leary on the Active/PUP list after the 2013 starter injured his hamstring last week during conditioning drills.

Leary’s injury isn’t expected to be severe and he could be reactivated within the week. Even if his stint on PUP is short one, Leary is clearly behind fellow LG Mackenzy Bernadeau in the competition for the last remaining open spot on the offensive line.

After a very rocky start to his Cowboys career, Bernadeau rebounded nicely in 2013. Not known as an exceptionally strong middle lineman, Mack embraced Bill Callahan’s zone blocking scheme and excelled. According to Pro Football Focus (subscription required), in 2013, Mackenzy Bernadeau ranked as the 22nd guard in the NFL (out of a pool of over 80 starters on the left and right side).

Mack struggled with his strength and technique when pass-blocking, earning him a slightly below average score. In 12 games he gave up 3 QB hits and 4 sacks. Those numbers aren’t terrible but they aren’t very strong either. But despite slight struggles in the passing game, Mack only committed 1 penalty in 696 snaps...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,340 Messages
    2,812 Likes Received
    LOl i wonder if these people even follow what is happening in Dallas. Hope they do know that Leary will be back on the field monday or tuesday. Leary will be starting LG
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

42,265 Messages
    6,236 Likes Received
    I don't see him as a LG but RG I do. His feet still need work. Last year's interior all need work esp pass blocking. But I expect all to be better. We'll see.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,510 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Leary will win this job...
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

42,265 Messages
    6,236 Likes Received
    Lot's of competition. Let's see who emerges.