1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

TLH: Scouting Report on Joseph Randle

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Oct 15, 2013.

1. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    40 times are the most overrated measure of speed.... It's 40 yards on a straight line which doesn't happen too often in a game situation... It's change of direction speed and quickness both Randle have plenty of... So that chart tells me
  2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,726 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    What's wrong with Tanner?
  3. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,234 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Not comparing him to Emmitt Smith but Emmitt ran what was considered a slow 4.5 40 yard. Just saying. Look up what Jerry Rice Ran a 40 coming out of college. 40 is not the be all end all for football players. Hell Alfred morris runs 4.65-4.70. Personally I think guys that rely on speed have to keep adjusting their game as they get older whereas "slower" guys work on other things.
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,061 Messages
    1,116 Likes Received
    You know what's funny is that around the league and around the media he gets more respect than he does his own fanbase. Funny how that works.
    DuceizBak and EMMITTnROY like this.
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,061 Messages
    1,116 Likes Received
    And just using the eyetest and from what i've seen from all of the backs I would think Dunbar would be our fastest guy with Randle second. I don't know if its small helmet or shoulder pads but Randle looks a lot smaller than Demarco. I would've never guessed he was 6 foot. He looks a lot faster than a 4.63 40 too.
  6. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Yeah, he looked like a lighter Tanner, but as you point out, he was there not to fumble. This will be a good opportunity for him if he can pick up the blitz.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,890 Messages
    7,634 Likes Received
    They do. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the injury thing. And this is coming from someone who's been ever-so-slightly disappointed with his running so far this season.

They overrate Randle, too, in my opinion. I like the guy, but there's no getting around the fact that he's not physically dominating, and he's slow. I've yet to see him impress me more than the three backs ahead of him on the roster. He's about on a par with Tanner, as far as I can tell, as a player. I like him, but hardly consider him a steal for where he was picked.
  8. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I know right? I think he's the best back we've got but some how he gets no opportunity.
  9. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    I never realized he was as tall as he was...
  10. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,150 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Sorry.

When you have gone thru as many projects as this team has in the last 10 years..

people have a right to second guess our RB picks.

I am also of thE opinion that Murray is a habitual injury RB and does not have the durability.

We keep drafting these guys thinking we gotq a bargain and we never do.
  11. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I tend to agree with both points. The saving grace is that Philly is so bad at stopping the pass that it may not matter as far as this single game is concerned, so Dallas can get by with Randle as long as their game-plan is sound.
  12. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,367 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    your are hard judge
  13. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,434 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Eager to see what all our backup rbs can do.
  14. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Active Member

312 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Dang, I didn't know Murray ran that time. He doesn't seem that fast.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,890 Messages
    7,634 Likes Received
    If he can pass protect, yeah. You know me...I don't worry overly much about the running game, anyway. We're getting conversions and touchdowns in short-yardage situations (when was the last time we had two redzone rushing touchdowns in the same game prior to last weekend?). As long as we're able to do that, I'm pretty ok with it.
    I do worry about the rookie missing a blitz pickup and getting Romo killed, though.
  16. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Hope Randles a quick learner.:)
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I was very happy to see the Cowboys draft Randle, people can talk about speed or size all they want but the guy is a football player and he knows how to do the job. I'm very confident in his ability to help this team
  18. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    I can't believe Murray is faster then Dunbar.
  19. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,663 Messages
    5,818 Likes Received
    Randle ran a 4.52 forty at this Pro-Day. His unofficial forty at the combine was 4.59. Some people believe that the unofficial number is more accurate. There is/was a write-up on WalterFootball about why he believes that the unofficial number is more accurate.

Randle's 3-cone was 7.01 vs 7.28 for Murray.

I find the article to be comical. It makes conclusions based on a few carries that he has received as a rookie and his forty time. Did the article even evaluate his college tape?

It compares his "vision" to one of the top RBs in the league (McCoy). McCoy is a veteran that has seen every possible defensive out there.
    percyhoward likes this.
  20. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,726 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Randle's pass protection is why I prefer Tanner. Cowboys have the rest of the week to figure out who's better in this area.