1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tnew, Henry Gettin Some Love

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DeathToTheSkinS, Jun 8, 2006.

1. DeathToTheSkinS

DeathToTheSkinS New Member

341 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sry if repost, Sporting News Latest issue ranked the corner duos in NFL. Cowboys got an A Behind the A of the Panthers..."One of best duos".
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,196 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    how are gamble and lucas better than newman and henry? Only thing i can think of is that Henry was injured last year
  3. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Newman and Henry are the best CB duo in the NFL period.
  4. ka0tik

ka0tik DALLAS

2,868 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Agreed.
  5. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    sweet. Glad to know were finally getting respect. Henry could be a bigtime INT guy next year just like he was before he got hurt, because people are so scared to throw at Newman.
  6. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rolle & McAllister are a decent duo. Add a healthy Ed Reed and that defense should be interesting.
  7. bigdrulez3141

bigdrulez3141 Member

296 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Yea I saw that, I think We have the same grade as the Panthers not below, it just goes in alphabetical order by cities. Ken Lucas is a good corner, definately top 5 last year, but idk about Gamble. I am happy and surprised we are ranked this high because TNew or Henry never get the love they deserve.
  8. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Active Member

1,462 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Newman is a straight up LOCKDOWN CB, and Henry plays outstanding when healthy

Newman and Henry are the best CB duo in the NFL!

Next to McCallister and Rolle, Newman and Henry are the best CB duo.
  9. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And when you take into consideration that 1) Henry was injured for a significant part of the season & 2) because of Henry's injury, teams knew that they could stay away from T-New so he didn't see too much action.

But, another injury at any DB position will put us in a similar predicament similar to last year.
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Denver has good corners also imo anyway!!!!
  11. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a bad ranking for a couple of guys who make up a "problematical" secondary. :rolleyes:
  12. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    McAllister has really slipped quite a bit over the last couple of years - not nearly the same player he was 3 years ago. I'm not sure why as I don't recall a major injury and he should really be in his prime.
  13. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    McAllister may have slipped in terms of production but if it were such (as you say) over the last few years that he has declined, then wouldn’t it stand to reason that McAllister’s stats and production would have declined because teams weren’t throwing at him?
  14. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's widely accepted that McAllister had a down year in 2005. He may recover this season, but it has dropped his tandem with Rolle down to at least third.

I agree with that publication that Gamble and Lucas are tops in the league. Henry and Newman are the perfect yin & yang in that Newman has the speed and Henry has the physicality, but G&L are a younger and more athletic version, if only by a small margin. I'd give Newman and Henry 2nd, although they're almost interchangeable.
  15. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The thing is that I recall him getting beat quite a bit.

Will have a better perspective if that guy who charts all the passing plays puts out another update this year.

Anyone know how McAllister did in last year's analysis?
  16. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,968 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    For 2004, McAlister ranked 30th in completion percentage allowed and 42nd in yards allowed per attempt, according to Joyner.

Lucas was with the Seahawks at the time, and he ranked 37th and 55th. (Trufant, the Seahawks' other corner, ranked 62nd in each category.) Gamble ranked 21st and 40th for 2004.

Also, for 2004 with Cleveland, Anthony Henry ranked 69th and 61st. Aaron Glenn ranked 77th and 75th for the Jets.

Poor DeAngelo Hall ranked 74th and 76th.
  17. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Do you have the '05 numbers?
  18. AdamJT13

14,968 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    According to Joyner's Web site, the book will ship in July.
  19. hendog

hendog Active Member

2,095 Messages
    23 Likes Received

What about Newman? BTW - Thanks for the info.
  20. AdamJT13

14,968 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    I posted his rankings in another thread. He was eighth in completion percentage allowed (46.6 percent) and eighth in yards allowed per attempt (5.8 ypa). And that was in his "bad" season.