1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: TO on ESPN's NFL Live about his hammy

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Aug 15, 2006.

1. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, Schlereth and Golic seem to think this is starting to become the first legit TO/Parcells feud story. They both made bets that the first TO blow-up wouldn't be until TO's second year, and they think it's starting early now.

Verbatim from ESPN's microphone in TO's face:

"At this point, I'm just going to go with the trainers and do more with rehab, you know... like I said, I don't want to jump out there just because I'm feeling good today. You know, I've got to see how my body responds to the work that I've done today. So we'll increase it tomorrow. This is definitely an improvement from last week. Obviously, I'm getting better. You know, with the treatment that I'm getting. So it's all encouraging signs! I practice hard. You know, the thing is, any coaches that had any input on me being here... I think they talked to the coaches that I've had in San Francisco, players, the coaches in Philly, the trainers in Philly, they know that I normally practice 100%. So it's hard for me to be out there and go 75% or less than what I'm used to. I'm used to practicing at full game speed. That's how I've always practiced. I learned it from the best receiver in the game, Jerry Rice. And you know, that's something that he instilled in me, so it's going to be hard to break that habit. He's not the only one (bill parcells) who said that, I've talked to the trainers, and they've kind of told me that I might have to motor it down a bit. But that's the only way I know how to practice. Physically..... with the practice and the things I do out there, as far as rehab, I'll get my conditioning back quick, that's not a problem! I'm not worried about that. I just want to be where I can be a 100% when I hit the football field. I want to be out there just as bad you want me out there (referring to reporters) so I mean, this is not something.... an injury that heals overnight so it's just going to be time, and it's just a situation where we all have to be patient with one another."

Chris Mortensen thinks it's a problem. Bill told TO when he signed that he had to practice to get out of that WCO. Mort said Bill turns the temp down to 50 degrees and take the pads away from the training table to discourage people from injuries!! :eek: He also believes injuries are contagious. Now, Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton are on the sidelines. After this morning's practice, TO ran, and looked so fast that Mort says Cowboys observers told him, "Why isn't he practicing?" Mort also says Bill is jabbing Jerry Jones and saying, "I told ya so!" Bottomline, though, is what happens in games. If TO scores 3 TDs against Redskins, it's Jerry Jones telling Bill "I told ya so."

Golic thinks there is a little game of control going on. Bill vs. TO. TO has the ability to say I'm not practicing. Golic & Schlereth don't believe the Bill Parcells line about no practice, no play. If To can play, he'll be on the field in a regular season game. Schlereth thinks the problem is Bill has found a guy he can't intimidate, but Schlereth also thinks TO needs to get over not practicing when he's not 100%.

They both don't think Bill will use the "she" line that he did with Terry Glenn when he was hurt. It would only screw the situation up. The only saving grace is that TO is electric when he's on the field. Only thing keeping this from blowing up. Schlereth also said TO has it going against him that he played in the Super Bowl with that injury, why can't he do it with simple hammy prob? Of course, Super Bowl different deal, and Schlereth admits that preseason doesn't matter to vets.

Don't know fellas, this whole situation is starting to worry me, I hope TO gets out there soon. He might have lost my cheers.
  2. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Who the hell told him that?
  3. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, that was the one part that bothered me. I felt that was a little too dramatic. I doubt it's going on, just typical reporter stuff. But I do buy the Golic/Schlereth line on a game of control.
  4. RockyMountainFan

RockyMountainFan Benched

51 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Schlereth admits that preseason doesn't matter to vets.

lets move on, game set and match Schlereth.
  5. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'm only saying that..if..this is the case, T.O. should not play.

My guess is that T.O.'s puny ego can't handle the pressure that all of the expectations associated with "T.O. causes.

Again, IF this is the case, then T.O. should sit and watch from the sideline. If he wants to feign and injury or something, have the nads to call bull on him; let him cry ... we've got games to play.
  6. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, if it makes ya feel better, 3 topics later is Carson Palmer vs. Marvin Lewis. :D

Another big name star who can call the injuries like he sees it, no matter what the head coach would prefer.
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Yeah but ya know, if THIS vet really was looking to impress...if this vet really learned from his last experience, he would be a bit more flexible.

Ya see, we can all agree that the preseason doesn't matter as much to vets but clearly this is a unique situation. If he walked out on the practice field and played at 3/4 speed, as they are asking him to do, it would take a lot of attention off the situation...which sooner or later is going to become a distraction.

If it isn't already.
  8. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Wow, somebody actually gets it. Parcells couldn't intimidate Antonio Bryant much less TO.

TO's playing everybody. I'm actually starting to like the guy.
  9. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received

What good would it do if he practices a 3/4 speed and the D is going full speed? To me that could cause more of an injury.

Even if he's going full speed in drills, its difference than going full speed against a defender.

It's TO. That's the only reason whe it's an issue.
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: I have no words
  11. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  12. jimmy40

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    I know you don't.
  13. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,437 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    I'm really not worried about this situation. TO probably will be back by the end of the week (since he seems to be recovering well) and within a couple of weeks this will be the last thing on our minds. The media is desperate for something so this is getting blown up. TO's likely a future HOFer who brings it every Sunday. He'll just need a couple of weeks to get in sync with Bledsoe. The OL, on the other hand, might be something to worry about...
  14. DWHITE11

DWHITE11 Member

59 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm starting to believe that he doesn't want to play for us, and this is his way out.
  15. dricas24

dricas24 New Member

72 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah T.O and Bledsoe should do alittle bonding away from football, and you should know why exactly.
  16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,956 Messages
    1,264 Likes Received
    I'm calling it now - that 'I told you so' stuff is nonsense.
  17. jimmy40

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    This is all about TO being above anyone else and proving nobody can tell him what to do and if he played for any other team on Earth, everyone here would be saying the same thing. I just wonder how many times fans will flip flop on TO before the season even starts.
  18. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    ohhh wait .....

found one .....

Stupidity
    n. pl. stu·pid·i·ties
    1. The quality or condition of being stupid.
    2. A stupid act, remark, or idea.
  19. Daudr

Daudr New Member

827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The ******** media is really starting to piss me off. What other player would they continually rag on for not playing while injured? Where are the cries that Westbrook is bagging it? This is BS.
  20. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received