1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Todd Archer tid bit...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dmq, Jul 26, 2005.

1. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    He is on Espn 103.3 right now. Just got over. Anyway, talkin a little boys. Really only thing he said that is new to me is that from people who know Bledsoe well and have seen him lately. These people are saying Bledsoe is in the best shape that they have seen him in a long time. Todd then mentioned how Bledsoe always seemed to many to be a person that gave just enough effort to win, but no more. However, for Parcells, he seems to be willing to do anything for him and give it his all....
  2. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,289 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    Thanks for the heads up. :)
  3. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    good info. hope its true.
  4. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bledsoe had a Monster season in 2002.

Drew has a chip on his shoulder and a common goal with Parcells a ring. Bledsoe wins a Super Bowl with Cowboys he gets into the Hall of Fame. Will have likely 50,000 career yards and close to 300 TD's. You can count on one hand QB's that have done that.
  5. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The biggest change my source ;) noticed in Drew Bledsoe's physique is his legs. He's bulked up.

He's going to have a stronger base, which will improve his accuracy, strenght and mobility.

Most be will surprised,but the biggest chip on Bledsoe's shoulder is going to trying to dispell the myth (in his mind) that he's a statue. Don't be surprised in you see Bledsoe roll out and pass or take off early and often in games if the pocket breaks down.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    He will never be noted as a runner but yes I think Dallas will run some roll outs just as they did with Vinny last year. Vinny also not noted for his running ability
  7. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He will be fine, he has good quality players around him and won't have to try & make up for a D that easily gives up points this year.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,708 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received

No Nors.

He had a monster half-season in 2002.

That was until defenses started taking the deep pass away from him.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received

Morning Michael. How are you today?
  10. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Very true

Another blurb I got was about Bradie James. It appears he's got a Texas size chip on his shoulders. He's had even a better off-season than last year when Parcells heaped praise on him, but his improvement has been in the film room.........learning the scheme (or his role). Hopefully it can transfer onto the field.

He was very celebral player at LSU, a team captain and almost a player/coach type player. Guys like Marcus Spears looked up to James at LSU Last years mental miscues were very embarassing.

He's a guy I think is going to take that next step. He's going into year 3 in Parcells Hierachy
  11. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,090 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    But in all fairness, when was the last time he had weapons like he will have this season? Julius Jones, Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Jason Witten. A quarterback like Bledsoe isn't going to improvise like a McNabb or Culpepper. He needs ammunition for his gun, and IMHO he hasn't had it since 2002.

And he really didn't tail off too much in 2002. The defense failed them on a few occasions and (if I remember correctly) he had one really bad game against New England.
  12. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Wasnt Bledsoe the guy that carved up the NE secondary for like 30 something points, in the first game that 2002 season?
  13. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    Thanfully the season is approching and Bledsoe play can speak for itself. If bad I have no doubt he will hear it just like any other QB to play in Dallas I just hope if he proves his critics wrong they will be willing to give him his just dues.
  14. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I for one am glad Bedsoe is here. He is hungry to prove naysayers wrong. He is playing for a coach that believes in him. He will be an improvement over Testaverde.

The offensive line will also be improved as will be our running back corps. We will have two healthy tight-ends and solid if not spectacular receivers.

I will be shocked if our offense is not significantly more potent from the get go this year.
  15. kartr

kartr New Member

3,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, just about every year he starts off hot, then tails off in the second half, except last year, he started off slow and then picked up steam against the cream puffs. This year, our last 5 or 6 opponents are tuff against the pass, so that sounds like he'll tail off at the end of the season.
  16. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    no it sounds like will be running the ball all season, unlike Vinny we're not gonna be pass happy early on and tire out Bledsoe's arm.
  17. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    A lot of that may depend on the defense. If we are struggling and falling behind in the game that will dictate more passing. I don't think Parcells envisioned having to pass as much as we did last year but had little choice in large part because our D could not keep teams out of the end zone
  18. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,111 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Don't worry, Henson will be the QB by then :)
  19. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,447 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Some of these comments sound eerily like the ones made about Vinny last year; best shape of his career, powerful lower body, wants to prove he can still play. Lets pray the similarities end there.
  20. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Vinny played good early but them the defense made us pass happy, adn with JJ gone we really didnt wanna run anyways, and he got wore out by the end of the season, you could really tell when he threw a ball it just always floated to the target,