1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Todd Collins

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by StrandedCowboy, Dec 25, 2007.

1. StrandedCowboy

StrandedCowboy New Member

29 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is it just me or is this veteran playing eerily similar to Jeff Garcia when he reinvigorated a hapless Eagles team and led them all the way to a division title and the 2nd round of the playoffs last year?

He's only played in 2 1/2 games, but his numbers are very impressive and he don't seem to make a lot of mistakes. Also in analyzing the game film on him, he seems to read defenses very quick too and has a cannon for a 35 year old.

Even if he shreds our secondary this week, it won't matter but it will definitely give him a lot of confidence going into dallas in a much more meaningful game.

Thoughts?
  2. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Ok, you've convinced me skins troll.

T. Collins >>>> Brady & P. Manning
  3. lcharles

lcharles Negativity King

1,799 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Yeah I have thoughts, You are a troll and it's people like you that make me want to re-think my feelings of sympathy for your teams trials this year.

:dissskin:
  4. Gibbs II

Gibbs II New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    for skins fans everywhere, strandedcowboy, just stop talking. the jig is up
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    Jig?

hmm.......

[IMG]

or is that not enough to be getting jiggy?
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,922 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    Thoughts? I think Todd Collins is well on his way to a hall of fame career.
  7. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,816 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    You mean end the season on a four game winning streak and losing in the divisional round?
  8. apickmans

apickmans New Member

797 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    who would of thought we'd be the sniffing the playoffs after that disastrous Buffalo loss. I'm very proud of my team.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,668 Messages
    3,889 Likes Received
    Just wondering.........but exactly where are you stranded?
  10. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

7,603 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Sorry for you trying to be objectionable and actually see something positive coming from the Skins, and getflamed. Seems to happen quite a bit here if you dont say something positive about our Boys.

Collins is playing well and he seems to understand Saunders offense, which we have heard is very complex, but when ran correctly can be potent.

I dont think they are going to make very much noise in the playoffs if they even get in, but the comparison to Garcia is a solid one. He knows the game well, reads defenses well, and has pretty good accuracy. I just dont think he is anyone to be feared. A strong pass rush planned around a stationary quarterback like Collins, and he's toast.
  11. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,374 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  12. StrandedCowboy

29 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not a skins fan dude. I'm bleed Dallas Blue and have for years now....just because I'm not a mindless homer that thinks we are invincible and refuses to give credit to a hated rival don't mean I'm a skins fan or something. Just remember we aren't the pats and romo is no Tom Brady...not even close.

As a true cowboy fan I'm used to dissapointment after dissapointment the last 10 years and until we get to another superbowl and win it I refuse to believe anything different.
  13. StrandedCowboy

29 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lets be serious, at 35 he's not on his way to a HOF career but he is playing very well and opposing defense don't have a lot of film on him considering he has not played many games at all since the late 90's with BUF and KC.

We saw what Garcia did to us last year and Collins is playing at very high level, as is the entire redskin team right now.....
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,983 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    He's no more than a bus driver, 8 in the box and a decent pass rush will stop him.
  15. Cowboyfan81

Cowboyfan81 Broadcast Guy

531 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's just you. :(
  16. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta New Member

1,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why is this troll allowed to create new threads? He is cluttering up our Board with junk.
  17. Gangsta Spanksta

1,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Simple, Garcia was not a career backup 'dupit!
  18. Gangsta Spanksta

1,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm starting to question your fanhood when you are feeding the troll. :D Objectionable? Don't you find it odd that he selectively skips over messages questioning his fanhood, and then replies to a message to further spread his doom and gloom about how the Redskins are going to squash the Boys? If you can't see this guy as a Troll, I wonder about you...
  19. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,079 Messages
    1,623 Likes Received
    Thread subject: Todd Collins

• 19 career starts in 13 seasons
    • 55% completion percentage in his best season: 1997
    • Did not throw a single professional pass in ’98, ’99, ’00, ’05 & ‘06
    • 2-year backup to… Jason Campbell???

If I were Jeff Garcia, I would seriously consider slapping the you-know-what out of someone comparing me to Todd Collins…
  20. Gangsta Spanksta

1,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That proves it. Anyone who doesn't think that Romo is in the same league as Brady, can't be a Cowboys fan. :D He should get banned for that comment alone.