1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tom Brady takes a WAY below market deal**Update: 5-yr $60 mil fully guaranteed**

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by kjcmeb, Feb 25, 2013.

1. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Manning's was about that after the first year. He made $19mm this year then gets $40mm guaranteed over the next two after they certify him as fit in April or May.
  2. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    That's a mil shy. More to come?
  3. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,240 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    I don't think it's fair to compare Brady's situation with anyone else's since he's married to a woman who's filthy-rich anyways.

He still deserves praise for taking less, but I wouldn't expect others to do the same.
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,640 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    60 million guaranteed isn't a pay cut.
  5. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

904 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    After the first $10M after taxes, does money matter to them like it does to most of us?
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,557 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    If that's the case, then I'm going to assume the rest of this is smokescreen and the offense will add linemen if Tony wants linemen. Fundamentally, I don't believe the current regime is dysfunctional enough that the HC and the QB could prioritize OLs and the team just ignore that. And I don't believe that the HC and QB would be on different pages when it comes to what positions to upgrade on offense.
  7. fishspill

fishspill Active Member

953 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Brady can get away with it because his wife works.
  8. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,640 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received

I wish I could "get away" with making 60 million guaranteed.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    Peyton has nearly 60 mil guaranteed over 3 years if his neck checks out this offseason.
  10. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,273 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    Seriously don't know how the poor guy is going to eat for the next few years. What a sacrifice
  11. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,322 Messages
    627 Likes Received
    Yes it is. It's over 5 years, that $12M a year. That's all he's getting. Manning and Brees are making that in 3 years and Brady is better than both of them. It doesn't matter what his wife makes, Peyton makes that much in endorsements and didn't give anything up. By the next couple years Brady will be in the teens according to QB pay.
  12. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,342 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    amazing team player. Its special to watch when you converge superior talent with superior attitude.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,358 Messages
    825 Likes Received
    Fully guaranteed is a pretty big commitment from the Pats. That's better than 5 years 100 mill with the last year or two being such high salaries that he'd likely never see them anyway
  14. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,846 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    I hope no one calls Romo selfish because of Brady's action. Didn't Romo donate an unheard of $1 million to charity recently?
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    And some of you guys love passing your own frustration by focusing on the commentary of other fans.

My comment had nothing to do with Romo and everything to do with Jerry.
  16. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

898 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    I enjoy watching Brady. He's how an NFL player should be.

Top 3 all time IMO
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,557 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    Give me a break. Your comment was explicitly about Tony Romo and his willingness to sign an extension. It's right up above in the thread here, for everybody to read.

And I'm not frustrated with the Cowboys, at all. I wish some of you guys wouldn't try to torture the point of every post in order to find the negatives, sometimes. If you want to call that frustration. A post like this is a great example: we've got a marquee QB agreeing to take a pay cut in order to fit more players onto his roster, and you want to make it a negative about Tony Romo's impending contract or, as you'd have us believe, a negative about how the owner/GM handles these situations. The reality is--and this is obvious in this case--that Brady taking this deal is nothing but a positive to other teams like the Cowboys who have extensions for their veteran QBs pending. I don't understand why we can't just take this one, solitary tidbit of good news and all just conclude 'cool.'

It's not like we can't complain about the dumb things Jerry Jones said this week in a dozen other threads where the complaining is actually relevant.
  18. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    Yes. You tell me what I meant when I was typing the words I wrote. That sounds like a great idea.

I tell you I wasn't expressing anything to do with Romo, you tell me I was. Want to wager on which one of us actually knows what the truth is there? I'll give you a hint - it's not you.