1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Pauline>INSIDE THE NFL BCS National Championship Game: Prospects to watch

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 9, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,552 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    Wonder why these teams are playing for the National Championship? Check out how many 1st rounders playing tonight.

After almost three weeks of non-stop bowl games, the college football season culminates in an SEC rematch on Monday to crown a national champion. Fans around the nation have been anticipating this contest, and so to are NFL decision-makers. Close to eight first-round choices will be found on the field in the BCS National Championship Game, with another half-dozen players who presently grade as top-90 picks. As the ball is teed up to decide the winner, here are the players NFL scouts will key on.

Alabama Crimson Tide
    Trent Richardson, RB (No. 3)* -- A complete running back who offers better pro potential than former Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram, a first-round selection last April, Richardson combines the strength to pound opponents on the inside, the agility to turn the corner and the instincts to avoid defenders anywhere on the field. The junior (who is expected to enter the draft) is also a terrific receiver out of the backfield and has the potential to be an outstanding featured back in the NFL. 1st Round

Dre Kirkpatrick, CB (No. 21)* -- More than a half-dozen defensive backs have been drafted from Alabama since 2006, and Kirkpatrick is shaping up to be one of the best. He has NFL size, athleticism and terrific ball skills. Kirkpatrick comes with a lot of upside and will only improve as he polishes his game. 1st Round

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...nship.game.prospects/index.html#ixzz1j0MTmopb
  2. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,924 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    At this time I don't really want any of them in the 1st besides maybe Claireborne and soon the Honey Badger.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,552 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    You wouldnt consider Kirkpatrick at 14? I would and I'm in the DeCastro/Martin camp.
  4. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It is unfortunate Brad Wing is only a freshman.
  5. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,702 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    Two of my top 2013 pet cats are playing tonight.

LSU Free Safety Eric Reid
    Alabama Defensive End/Nose Tackle Jesse Williams
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,924 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    It's early, if he runs a blazing time my mind might change. But I've seen him get toasted a couple of tines and my fear is he'll be stiff and not a good matchup for quicker acceleration athletes like Cruz and nicks.

And as a safety that's risky considering the solid neat and ports that will be staring us in the face at 14