1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo calls in to the Ben and Skin Show

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gemini Dolly, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    548 Likes Received
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting. Great interview. I loved the part at the end where they brought up how Dirk stood up for him. Nowitzki had to deal with alot of the similar pressure and heat that Tony did. He was and still is a great player for so many years and constantly carried his teams. Even though he got the blame for Dallas failing to win the championship it was really wasn't his fault. It was on the supporting cast for failing to give support.

Then in 2011 it all changed for the Mavs. Dirk had a playoff run for the ages and unlike previous seasons Nowitzki got some support from guys like Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, DeShawn Stevenson, Shawn Marion, etc. I was so happy for Dirk even though he beat the Lakers along the way during his championship run. He finally got that monkey off his back and shut up all his haters.

I really hope the same thing happens for Tony. He's been such a terrific player for us for so long and he truly deserves a Super Bowl. It's gonna happen at some point. Hopefully it happens this season. The talent is there. It's just a matter of can they finally stop beating themselves as a football team and executing down the stretch. The schedule gets significantly weaker from here on out. The Cowboys have an excellent opportunity to get into the playoffs. The Giants are stumbling right now. The division is there for the taking. We gotta go get it.
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,736 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    Thanks, Dolly.
  4. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,019 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Great interview, thanks for posting!
  5. sideon

sideon Active Member

209 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Another loss for 105.3 The Fan :laugh1:
  6. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,550 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    yup yup.:D
  7. GOLDENCHILD1688

GOLDENCHILD1688 Well-Known Member

4,325 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    thanks

I download their podcast on ESPN all the time and I didn't see this listed, not one with Romo
  8. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,238 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Most intriguing part of this great interview was Romo talking about how great of a job Garrett does getting this team to prepare and play the same way week in week out.

I never really thought about it. But it's true. And as romo mentioned, that's not an easy thing to accomplish in this league. The only problem is, we also make the same mistakes every week too.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,292 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    True, I don't care what plays are being called or how prepared you are, if you turn the ball over your chances of losing is great
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,644 Messages
    4,520 Likes Received
    It sounds like Garrett's a better game-week coach than maybe he is on game day. I'm not nearly as down on his game day coaching as some. He definitely has room to improve in that regard. But it's pretty clear the organization loves what he's doing in terms of organizing and managing the process of running the team.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,234 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    Excellent stuff.