1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Romo.... cocky and arrogant?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by adamknite, Nov 24, 2006.

1. adamknite

adamknite Well-Known Member

4,012 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    I'm reading on other teams forums {espcially the Bucs} that Romo is cocky and arrogant and how he gloats? What in the world are they talking about? They mention him celebrating and smiling after scores?! I've seen Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, and Merriman acting like morons after a good play? Rowing a boat, snow angles, fireman pole on the goal post, CPR, Golf with endzone pylon, and that on himself Lights out signal..... and Romo giving his teamates high fives and smiling is gloating!??!? Vick after throwing 3 TD's has a press conference talking about how incredable of a passer he is and how people need to show him respect, and Romo is the gloater?! The prejeduce against the Cowboys is unreal.

2. LowTech

LowTech the most important member

1,897 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    You know, their just jealous

3. Boy's fan in Giant land

Boy's fan in Giant land New Member

775 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jealousy has been know to make people say stupid things.

4. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,249 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    A little cocky in a QB is not a bad thing.

Montana ... Favre ... Marino ... should I go on?

5. adamknite

4,012 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    you are right I know..... just drives me crazy, a Cowboy can't even smile without it being called gloating?

6. jesusphreak

jesusphreak New Member

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Adam do you have a link? I'd like to read some of this.

7. Joe_Fan

Joe_Fan Continuity Is Overrated

1,245 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    They hate us because they can't be us.

8. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

16,489 Messages
    2,320 Likes Received
    Romo is a kid at heart. He's having the time of his life. And he is smiling cause he is having fun.
    Cocky? Maybe.
    Arrogant? Nope.
    Effective? YES

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

9. adamknite

4,012 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Go to the buccaneers website and look at their forum, and you'll find some good ones. There's a thread where a Cowboys fan says good game and wishes them luck, and they go on a rant about how Romo is a classless gloater. I was just bored and looking at teams message boards. I'm also refering to the fact during the game how Buck and Aikman kept talking about how Romo has been getting viewed as Cocky.

10. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I don't think he is arrogant, he's kind of like the President in the fact that his smile hinges on being a smirk and people that don't like him or don't want to like him jump all over it as a reason to hate him "Oh look he's arrogant!"

11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,858 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    Good to see our english teachers in america are doing "they're" jobs.

12. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    38-10 smarts, we just have to be as gracious as possible without apologizing for victories, it is a Cowboy tradition, winning that is.

13. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,092 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Do you nee re assurance or something. 3-1 with Romo, should be 4-0. See you at soldier field. Im cocky too.

14. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,049 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ...it is now 4-1 with Romo.

15. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboy fans have to expect major put downs from other teams/fans and the media when we are successful. When we were losing, they just laughed at us and showed absolutely no respect. When we are beginning to show some success, they can't handle the media attention we get across the country and read anything we do as a team or as a media in the most negative lighte possible and that includes make things up to fit their prejudice. Example: on Extremeskins, some of them refer to Tony Romo as Tony Homo--no reason or justification but simply they hate him cause he's a Cowboy & think it's a good play on his name. Romo hasn't said anything/done anything in public anyway (don't know how he handles the media in private) to warrant any of this but it sure hasn't been helped by Parcells himself saying early on that Romo needed keep his feet on the ground and I think even called him a little cocky.

In short the losing teams or those very afraid of playing the Cowboys are simply jealous of Romo's play and have to resort to name calling when they can't produce on the field against us.

16. Bryan8284

Bryan8284 Active Member

1,377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I feel Romo stock has sky rocketed so fast that he is coming off as arrogant and cocky. I think he's a little of each, but it's hard not to be when you're the QB of America's Team and 4-1 in five starts but have done everything in your power to be 5-0.

I'm worried it gets to his head too much, but so far it hasn't and that worry is slowly dissolving.

17. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

13,255 Messages
    4,760 Likes Received
    Hey, it's all because the rest of the NFL fans are seeing that the Cowboys have yet another special guy taking snaps under center, and it's gut wrenching to them being that we've owned the league in year's past and it looks like we are heading back in the right direction to reclaim the throne.

When the Cowboys are on the rise, we are one of the most hated teams in the league, unless you are a Cowboys fan! It's great isn't it? :)

18. Scotman

Scotman Active Member

929 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Here's hoping that he's even more cocky and arrogant on December 4th.

19. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

9,693 Messages
    2,309 Likes Received
    I have never got the impression that Romo is cocky or arrogant.

Even if he's extremely confident, I still can't get that expression from his face. He just seems like he's smiling all the time, and when he misses a play, he's like "ah, shucks", and then goes back to smiling again.

20. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,049 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Those that think he's cocky and arrogant are just haters.