1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Tony Romo Interview on "105.3 The Fan"...Audio Post #7

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DFWJC, May 21, 2014.

1. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,627 Messages
    929 Likes Received
    I've been HUGE Romo guy since before he got here. I've Traveled to away games just to watch him. On Game days there are six #9 jerseys being worn in my house. With all that being said, he's gonna have to win me back. His talk is great. Butttttttttt, it's talk. Is he exciting? Used to be, prove it now... Can he win? Yes, but with a new defense and possibly new HC. Will he win SB? I hope!!! Stop talking about being as good as we were 7-8 years ago. That's the problem. They thought they were good. Where are the championships? We have had as many playoff wins the last two years as we did back then. Go to work Tony,,,let your play do the talking!!!!
  2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    That would be the best troll eliminator there is
    5Stars likes this.
  3. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,238 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    Thank you. I really just shook my head at that response. It's absolutely amazing.
    DFWJC likes this.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    This is great to hear. Disc issues can be so drastically different from one person to the next it is just hard to know what to expect.
  5. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,241 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
  6. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,238 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    I'm not bothered by the canned and diluted Romo because I know the reason behind it all. I'm grateful we don't have the RG3 Messiah complex type QB leading our team. That guy is as narcisistic as they come.
    Idgit likes this.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    Every year they put mics in our players faces and ask questions about the upcoming season. And every year fans complain about the too much talking. It's part of the ritual.

And if Romo hasn't won you over by now, it's very unlikely he ever will. He's going to get worse, and not better, from here on out.

Unless of course you're just judging him on team accomplishments. In that case, he'll play as well as the awful defense allows him to play.
    dstovall5 likes this.
  8. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    What does he have to do Zordon? He has the best 4th qtr qbr and the best comeback win percentage in the NFL! How many times has he brought the team back to score a go ahead score with less than 3 minutes to go and the defense lets the other team go to score the game winning score. It's ridiculous. He drives us down to win 12 times but gives up 1 in desperation and he is vilified by posters like you. I will say it again... pick a qb.. any qb and put him on our team with our offensive line problems we've had and our all time bad defenses and tell me they are going to do better. Not Brady, not Manning(s), Not Brees ... no one does any better and most would probably do worse. . especially considering Romo has THE BEST 4th qtr qbr.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,007 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    Romo is a blast to watch.
  10. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,627 Messages
    929 Likes Received
    Did you just skip the part where I said I was always a huge Romo fan. He had me , then lost me Redskin game two years ago...
  11. Passepartout

Passepartout Member

321 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    It is not about the stats with Romo. It is about getting the team to the next level and winning a playoff game!
  12. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Workout warrior means nothing.. Laron Landry was one and couldn't stay on the field because of injuries and blew coverages on a regular, despite laying the wood. That white dude who was a safety from Denver I believe, that went to play with the Redskins was another.
  13. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    A Romo friendly offense is getting Garrett as far away from the offense as possible. It hasn't been Romo friendly, which is why he's always playing with broken ribs and bad backs.
    Sportsbabe and Califan007 like this.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,797 Likes Received
    It is hard to say how the back will hold up and I know people have made comparisons to Troy Aikman situation but it has been brought up that Troy situation and Romo are not the same. Aikman situation was a Degenerative back issue not brought about by any particular event while Romo is not a Degenerative issue. Again I don't know how this will affect Romo but his and Troy situations are not the same.
  15. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,223 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I've said this exact same thing on here several times in the past about what would be best for both Romo and the Cowboys...said he would be deadly in that kind of offense. Got a few eyerolls and snickers at the suggestion lol (didn't surprise me).
    btcutter likes this.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    I understand that was brutal, but given the state of the team and his health at the time, I think some of you beat him up too much for that poor performance.

Plus, I would think his final drive in the more recent win or go home at Washington might help him ...at least some.

He doesn't deserve a full pass, but he really has left body parts on the field on a regular basis for this franchise.
  17. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    So where exactly is the interview, I clicked on post #7 and nothing came up.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    I just looked it up figuring by now it had been moved.

You'll need to go that link, click on Ben and Skin, then it's about the 5th one down on the left.
    Good luck.