1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo is going to be extended...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dragon_mikal, Dec 31, 2012.

1. OhioCowboy249

OhioCowboy249 New Member

11 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll give you he has a nice arm. But the dude crumbles under pressure and locks on to only 1 receiver. Can't get past his first progression. Romo can extend plays behind our horrible line, Geno Smith could not. Let the chiefs take him. Draft Dysert in the 3rd and let him sit behind Romo for a couple years.
  2. plymkr

plymkr Active Member

138 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I hate to break it to you but we have 20-25 more years of 8-8 as long as Jerry is running the show. Al Davis want to be has created a culture of accepting mediocrity. When Jerry's gone we have something to be happy about. We could have aikman being backed up by Montana with emmitt splitting snaps with Barry sanders and Jerry's mind set and culture would ruin the team.
  3. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,520 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    A replacement isn't going to fix all the other problems with this team, which is WHY we are "stuck in 8-8".
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....dude looked like hoT GARBAGE two days ago against SYRACUSE in Yankee Stadium and you "want" him? The dumb in this thread is flowing strongly:lmao2: :banghead: :rolleyes:
  5. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,580 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    new blood is needed.

Romo is a tough player physically, but mentally this has to wear him out.

He would be better suited in a smaller market where the pressure isnt so high.
    Where you dont get compared to Aikman and Staubach.

Whats the difference between 5-11 season and 8-8 season?? Same crapola.

Extending Romo would be a mistake. Not looking for a QB in the first few rounds would also be a mistake.

The fear of the unknown is biting us hard.

Time to let Romo go and not be scared of what might or might not be out there.
  6. BigD5

BigD5 Active Member

224 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    You can get him the best offensive line in football and the 85 Bears defense but tell me what's gonna stop him from making the stupid play? The dumb throw? The fumble when you least need it?

I love Tony Romo and have defended him to the death until I have been in fights over him. But after last night there is no more defending him. What can you say?

Whether you like it or not, or admit it or not he is a choker. A choke artist. He cannot and will not ever win the big game. We are talking about him just winning a regular season ending game to MAKE the playoffs. We ain't even talking about winning a Super Bowl game.

Imagine this. Super Bowl next year. We are down to the Patriots. 27-21. 4th Qtr. 3:18 left in the game. We get a huge defensive stop. We have the ball at the 12. 88 yds to win the Super Bowl. Do you honestly believe in your heart Romo would take us down the field and win the game?

Rapeliesberger did. Eli did. Twice. Brady has. And before you say injuries blah blah. What was different this year than the year GB won with Rodgers? They had 15 or 16 guys on IR
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,815 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    I agree. He chokes.
  8. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    he lost my support when I saw my sorry Texas Tech Red Raider defense shut him down
  9. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Geno Smith = Quincy Carter 2.0
  10. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Me too. I think he is gonna be a star.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    Maybe worse.
  12. Shotgun Dave

Shotgun Dave Well-Known Member

1,440 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    THIS. Improving the o-line in a way that protects Romo better AND creates better running lanes for Murray will make all the difference in the world.

A better o-line. Period.

13. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,955 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    In 2011, Romo was sacked 36 times on 522 attempts and threw 31 TD's and 10 INT's for a QB rating of 102.5

In 2012, Romo was sacked 36 times on 648 attempts and threw 28 TD's and 19 INT's for a QB rating of 90.5

He threw 126 more times this year, but had less TD's and more INT's with the same amount of sacks....but, but, how can this be??

:rolleyes:
  14. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Even better than Alex Smith?
  15. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,387 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    How many times did he avoid a sure fire sack and keep a play alive when by all accounts it should have been dead? Look that up for us will you? Thanks.
  16. Pokefan1

Pokefan1 New Member

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  17. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    That would be a terrible mistake, if you keep banging your head against the wall enough times, you are going to get the same result, its time to try something else.
  18. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,288 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    might as well overturn the entire team then.
  19. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,909 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    O Line will help Romo out and keep Murray healthy. Right now, Murray is just running into nothing every time he runs the ball. He takes quite a punishment.
  20. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be against it.