1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo playing indoor soccer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rat2k8, Jan 13, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    Warner was 37 and played about as good as anyone can play in his last SB appearance.

Brady is 35 and still playing

Brees is will be 34 next season
    P Manning is will be 37
    Rodgers will be 30
    Roethlisberger will be 31

I think you will have at least 2-3 more titles going forward just amoung those guys.

QBs are definitley playing later now.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    Brady does make his team good and his team helps make him good, having time in the pocket is a pretty big deal. Brady sure has hell does not have big time scrambling ability and I highly doubt he would survive behind the Cowboys line. There is quite a bit asked out of Romo as Danny White pointed out that many QB would not have much success dealing with. Again I don't remove the blame on Romo for careless mistakes.

You don't get it likely never will QB rely a hell of a lot on players around them. The QB can't block for himself, he cant run the routs and he can't make the catch. He does not play defense or special teams. He is 1 player and while the position is very important that 1 player only controls so much.

Sorry but you are the typical fan who anytime a team does not win oh it is the QB?
  3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Are you really trying to knock some sense into Rampage, er, ufcrules1?

You have the power to stop it - hint, hint..
  4. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    I don't have the power to stop free thinking. As long as it is done in a manner acceptable.
  5. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    I know...was just poking your ribs.

;)
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,246 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    In the biggest game of the season, the Oline played plenty good enough for Romo to win. He missed his throws left and right and threw 3 int's that were ALL his fault. Has nothing to do with the team and everything to do with HIM.

The defense that was decimated was still able to hold Washington to 21 points and give Romo the ball back with 3:25 to play and all of his timeouts and what does he do? Typical Romo.. he chokes in high pressure situations. Not because of his team, but because his brain stops working.

Time to look for his replacement!
  7. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    That is fine. Honestly if I did not have faith in Romo I would say it. I did not have much faith in the QB that came before him. No doubt Romo will make mistakes he is also under a lot of pressure to make things happen on his own more than most QB. All to often the design of the play goes out the window once the defensive is sitting in his lap and he is forced to get the heck out of there and try to find the open man.

Does not remove blame for being careless with the ball matter of fact when dealing with the pressure he sees there are times he should just throw it away more than he does down side there are many big plays he makes because of his ability to escape
  8. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Yeah, we both strongly disagree all the time but I respect you as a mod. You don't abuse your powers like some have done in the past here who are no longer mods.

In time once Romo, JG, Felix Jones, Sensy, and other weak minded players and coaches are gone and the team moves in the right direction, you and I will agree a lot more.

Right now we still have poison players on the team that hold it back.
  9. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    Your opinion. We know it is all Romo fault. :rolleyes:
  10. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    You are catching on.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    Your IQ just dropped just from having that conversation.
    Time will heal it though:starspin
  12. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    Sorry I will never understand fans like you who see the ultimate team sports become all about 1 player. Then again I don't get my knowledge of the game on some Madden Video game. :laugh2:
  13. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    Yes and sad part is I can't get that part of my life back. It goes down as time wasted. :laugh2:
  14. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,436 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Is Tony a forward, midfielder, defender, goalie?

Indoor soccer should be great for honing his quick reflexes.

I have assumed Welker played soccer.
  15. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,196 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  16. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing....
  17. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know we give each other a hard time, but I know you're smart enough to realize this has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether Romo will win a ring or not. NOTHING.
  18. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Came in just to read the Romo jokes. Not bad...wasn't disappointed :laugh1:
  19. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

right.

only 32 starting jobs at the highest level, and he ranks in the top 10 at his position.

this place is getting pretty pathetic.
  20. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    What is getting pathetic is Romo's meltdown games. Did you even watch the Redskins game? Put the pom pom's down for a second and be honest with yourself.