1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo playing indoor soccer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rat2k8, Jan 13, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,574 Messages
    2,435 Likes Received
    Hey Joe...good to hear from you.

You're still wrong on this topic, buddy. Romo is a film room junkie and makes Dallas his year round home--unlike some others on the team.

Anyway....No exceptions...not a single one...all players and QBs in the NFL still have activites other than football after training camp starts. They might be going to movies with friends, playing pool a their house, going out on the town partying, shooting a comercial, going to church, going to an NBA or MLB game, playing golf, tennis, basketball, or ping pong, going on dates with their spouse or girlfriend, chasing booty, etc,etc,. But they all do something besides practice, eat, sleep, practice, eta, sleep..repeat.
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,305 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    Where was Dalton drafted? How about Wilson and Kaepernick? Those teams scouted those players and knew they were special. The second they could take over their teams they let them.

It's not like it is impossible to find a decent QB these days. Plenty of teams have them and it is looking like the future at QB is a QB who is a accurate passer and can run when he needs to as well. Sure, there are exceptions like Peyton, Brees, and Brady.. but lets face it, we don't have that at QB.

We need to fix our lines and stop acting like Romo is our savior at QB just because we went through some horrible QB's before him (due to poor drafting) He isn't going to take this team anywhere. We can trade him now while he is worth something to some pathetic teams and start building the trenches up.
  3. ufcrules1

7,305 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    Did you forget Wilson? He led his team past Washington and he almost led them against a very tough Falcons team. RG3 led his team to a division title from being 6-10 last year and they swept us with him, Luck had an amazing season leading his team to an 11-5 record from 2-14 the year before, and I could go on and on. Point is, it is time to move on from Romo while we can still get something good for him, but we won't and we will regret it.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received

:romothumbsup:
  5. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

You have lost it.

Every single Vikings fan I know(which surprisingly is quite a bit) tell me all the time they'd kill to have Romo over Ponder/Webb.

The Titans have Locker who hasn't impressed, and a soon to retire Matt Hasselbeck, seriously think they wouldn't love to have Tony?

The eagles have Nick Foles. Your telling me they wouldn't gladly swap the two if they had a choice?

Browns are sitting with McCoy and Weeden. Neither has performed well in the pros.

Get a clue. I'm not saying he is the best QB in the league, I'm not saying some of our losses can clearly be on him, but to say that 1/3 of the league wouldn't kill to swap qbs with us is just insane. We get it, you have an agenda, you like to force it on the messageboard. We know, we know. But at least try to retain some form of logic please.
  7. ufcrules1

7,305 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    I haven't lost anything. You think just because you know a handful or less of Vikings fans that you have a great feel for what their GM would want or even what the whole fan base would want? Your problem is in your mind you rank Romo way too high. Romo would choke in Minny just as bad as Ponder does.

Romo is nothing more than fools gold. You will come around eventually, a lot of posters here already have. They and I were in the same boat as you at one time too.
  8. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

245 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    I feel your pain bro, I really do, but teams; coaches in particular- tend to place a lot of value in what a player is capable of doing, as opposed to what he has done..Garret deserves alot of blame in regards to Romo's development (or lack thereof) a good no nonsense coach would work wonders for Tony. Mark my words..
  9. DFWJC

23,574 Messages
    2,435 Likes Received
    There is an ignore button for a reason.
    That thing was made for guys like this.
    I suggest you consider it.
  10. 5Stars

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Check with the GMs in Philadelphia, Minnesota, Arizona, Buffalo, Miami, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Oakland and Kansas City -- and the New York Jets, whenever they hire one -- and each would sell their soul for Romo.
  11. ufcrules1

7,305 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    That would be fine with me. I put a lot of blind Romo lovers on ignore. When they start getting out of touch with reality, there is no reason to debate them anymore.

You on the other hand I have never put on ignore because you are coming around to the fact that Romo does in fact play a roll in our team not succeeding.
  12. 5Stars

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

That's what a little kid would do. If he does not want to hear something he holds his breath, shuts his eyes, and tries to ignore what someone else has to say. It hurts their little feelings.

How embarrassing!

:rolleyes: :laugh2:

(someone needs to quote me...since the child has me on ignore)
  13. DFWJC

23,574 Messages
    2,435 Likes Received
    Truth:star: :star: