1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo stats through 2 preseason games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Aug 19, 2013.

1. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

382 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Not 10 but 19 is a problem.
  2. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,575 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Since he's been in the league, Drew Brees has had double digit Ints all but one season, including 19 last season.
    Since he's been in the league, Peyton Manning has had double digit Ints all but one season, including seasons with 28, 23 and 19.

Last year was an uptick for Romo, but his INT% was still below 3%. His two full seasons before that, it was under 2%. It was 3rd-best in the league in '09 and 4th-best in '11.

INT have most definitely not "always been his problem."
    5Stars likes this.
  3. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    He has a nearly 2:1 TD to INT ratio for his career, not too shabby. Almost identical to Drew Brees' career. And when he lights up the Giants for 4 TDs and no interceptions in the season opener, he will have a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. LOL.

No idea why fans of this team fawn all over other QBs and totally trash Romo, when all the data says he is just as good, if not better, than most others. You kind of expect it from the media, because they pay no attention. You would think folks on this board would know better. Guess not. Just as ignorant as the masses.
    AmberBeer and 5Stars like this.
  4. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,638 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    That team was lucky to win opening night vs Giants.

2.Had no business beating Buffalo

3.Was lucky to beat Lions even after Newman and Bradie james had put a bounty on Kitna's head.

4.They were lucky against the Vikings who started Tavaris Jackson in his first NFL start.Needed blocked FG to win game

5.Needed three fluke TD by Terrell Owens to beat the Skins @ home in game the Cowboys were badly outplayed

6.Lucky to play the Eagles on the week Andy Reids son drug problems became public

They were even down by 7-0 at the end of the first half against a pathetic Rams team

That team was a 9-7/10-6 team that got lucky!
  5. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    This is embarrassing. You should be embarrassed bringing this to the table. I'm done with this farce of a debate. Think what you will even if it's totally misguided and wrong.
    5Stars likes this.
  6. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

477 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Absolutely nothing, of course. Lotsa sarcasm being missed in this thread ;)
  7. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    But their name isn't Tony Romo whom the national media enjoys slamming him like all things Cowboys they do. And because of that, the minions here slop that up like pigs in a stye.
    5Stars likes this.
  8. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,142 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    PRACTICE? SUPER BOWL? PRESEASON Stats?

C'Mon man!!!
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,223 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    You are completely out of control lately

But that's you're right to join the ranks of UFC and others.
    5Stars likes this.
  10. DFWJC

22,223 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    You are out of control latel
    you are completely out of control lately
  11. DFWJC

22,223 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    My bad if so. Some are so far out of whack here that its getting hard to tell
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,828 Messages
    3,829 Likes Received
    DFW I consider you a neutral guy with no agendas. What is wrong with my post? Since last season ended I have harped on redzone offense and the ineptitude of this offense once it crosses the 50. How the team seems to always self destruct any time they are about to taste success. Why is it a shock that I am focusing on it like a laser beam this preseason? So far this preseason I've seen our QB miss wide open receivers, I've seen our HOF tight end commit a crucial holding penalty, I've seen two of our playmakers fumble the ball when we were cruising down the field. This stuff drives me insane considering the talent of this team and salaries of some of these players. When this team has 9pts going into halftime vs the Giants yet 200+ yds of offense, you guys will remember this.
  13. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,336 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    27th in NFL history in touchdown percentage. He doesn't have any trouble getting the ball in the endzone. 52nd all time in touchdowns thrown. 9th Active.
    5Stars likes this.
  14. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,638 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Team scoring?
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,991 Messages
    1,337 Likes Received
    lol

Why does this remind me of one "supposed" fan?

:D
  16. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,991 Messages
    1,337 Likes Received

Never argue with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig loves it!

:D
    AmberBeer likes this.
  17. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Double digit INTs are going to happen every time you throw the ball 500 times+ per season
    5Stars likes this.
  18. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Benched

2,996 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    I think it's because they know it will get a reaction. Their lives are miserable so they need the validation of the attention they get from hating on Romo.
    5Stars likes this.
  19. DFWJC

22,223 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    I feel your pain Z, but I think it's early to worry. Imo, Romo has looked mostly sharp. I'm glad Garrett held him accountable for the misconnect with Williams. But over the course of a game and season, I think he will be very good for us.

Anyway, next week is the 1st game they will actually have a game plan. Of course, they'll be playing a potentially outstanding team.
    I'm as curious as you are to how it goes.

Take a deep breath, man. It's extremely early.
    Zordon likes this.
  20. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,761 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    First drive died on a third-and-1 incompletion, so I'll give you that one. The other two drives by the first-team offense ended on fumbles in Arizona's territory, with Dallas moving the ball relatively easily. If your concern is the fumbles, then yes, the offense didn't look good. I consider the fumbles and aberration, so I believe the offense looked good moving the ball after its initial stumble, which apparently was caused by a miscommunication that can also be cleaned up.

Granted, the fumbles kept us from seeing if the red-zone offense (which has been our primary weakness) can score TDs instead of settling for field goals.
    5Stars likes this.