1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Romo stats through 2 preseason games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    Alright I'll take your advice.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,910 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    All of our concerns should be turnovers. There is no way to say that the Offense played well if the Offense is turning the ball over. That's just a contradiction in terms to say otherwise.

If you consider how our Offense has looked in the Preseasons, I don't know that I would characterize it as good at all. Our opponents have outperformed us on Offense almost across the board. I would also not call the TO's an aberration. I think that after the past few seasons, we have proven well beyond a shadow of a doubt that TOs and this football team have been the standard and not the exception. Until proven otherwise, I think you have to say that it's still a concern.

Total 1st Downs Cowboys 48 Opp 60
    Total Offense Cowboys 899 Opp 1111
    Offensive Plays Cowboys 166 Opp 212
    Total Rush Yds Cowboys 284 Opp 332
    Total Pass Yds Cowboys 615 Opp 779
    TOP Cowboys 27:35 Opp 32:35
    TO Ration Cowboys -3 Opp Even

When you consider the fact that Miami, Oakland and Arizona were not really powerhouse defenses last season (None were top 10), that suggests that we are not facing teams that could make us look bad offensively. Correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe our starting Offense has even scored a TD yet. In fact, I believe they have only scored a total of 3 points.

Those numbers, to me, do not suggest an offense that is playing well.
  3. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    The one thing I can say is that Dez has shown a propensity to not be careful enough with the football thus far in his career. He commonly carries the ball in the wrong hand a loose when being tackled. It has not been a big problem in his career yet, but something I have noticed since becoming a cowboy. IMO he really must fix this if he wants to be considered elite.