1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony Sparano back to Dallas? Could happen...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by TheSport78, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,611 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    I like Sparano alot. I don't care about what happened with the Jets. What are you going to do with Sanchez and Tebow, really? I love Sparano's attitude and we need more of that, desperately.

But I just don't see how he'll fit into the staff. Frankenstaff definitely sounds right on.

Still, I'd be kinda happy because it meant someone else was calling the plays.
  2. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,336 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    I don't see any reason to go after Sparano. Similar to Garrett he simply was successful because of Romo.

He was also the play caller for Drew Bledsoe. And we weren't doing so hot. He has bombed out every where he went. The one year he did well was because Tom Brady was injured, and the Dolphins had a legit shot in the AFC East. They split with New England that year, split with the jets, and took buffalo. They also had two of the weakest divisions in their schedule.

Keep Sparano away from here, and get a legitimate coordinator.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,611 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    As far as OC goes, yeah, I too would prefer someone better. And I'm not a fan of re-hiring guys who were once here (Huock, Wilson, Campo) And I just can't see Sparano wanting to come back to serve under Garrett. But beggars can't be choosers right?
  4. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,366 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Sparano was a major factor in the year we went 13-3 and had one of the best offenses in the league. He left and things went downhill in a big way the following season. Bringing him back makes all the sense in the world. He and Garrett made a good team in running the offense before.
  5. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,324 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    After watching the 49ers last night, what I'm thinking is that we need a return to Parcells-style slow-footed power football.
  6. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,434 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    We actually had a solid OL at the time...
  7. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,130 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Sporano might be okay, but I would like to see Callahan become the REAL offensive coordinator and implement his offense. I think Romo would excel in a West Coast Offense. Callahan's offense with Garrett out of the picture as far as offense goes would be very interesting. Maybe Sporano could still fit in as o-line coach in a Callahan offense.
  8. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Why not reach out to Bruce Arians? He filled in admirably while Pagano was being treated for cancer.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,990 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
    “@south69_dallas: @BryanBroaddus do you believe the tony sparano to Dallas rumors?” Haven't heard those rumors but really good coach.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
  10. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

987 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Why would he leave indy to be a coordinator here?
  11. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    Bruce arians will be a head coach somewhere. And I just don't want Jason calling plays anymore
  12. cboyd

cboyd Member

391 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,856 Messages
    3,782 Likes Received
  14. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,175 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    Norv to Cleveland, Sparano probably to KC, who are we going to bring in? If any. :confused:
  15. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    My guess is that Norv and Tony are staying clear of Dallas and looking at other options first and realize bringing either back is going to only add to the circus atmosphere. Too bad, cause I'd really live to have Sparano back running the offense or even just the OL.

The plan might just be to turn this over to Callahan and let him run his WCO
  16. demirji22

demirji22 Member

114 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I dont know why, but it just makes sense to make Gruden the headcoach. Callahan was his offensive coordinator in oakland, and callahan is already in dallas, and Kiffin was his d-coordiantor in Tanpa, and he is in dallas to. It has all the writing on the wall. I think Jerry is talking to Gruden to gage his interest, just like he did with parcells. If Gruden says yes, he will fire garrett. I dont think Jerry wants to fire garrett and then not get gruden. Its setting up like how he hired parcells
  17. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,167 Messages
    856 Likes Received

Maybe he was really celebrating and was happy that a real defense was coming here to help the offense....and the reporter couldn't report something good, so spinned it the other way.....just offering an alternate version...
  18. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,213 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Could Callahan and Sprano coexist?
  19. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Member

872 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Bills still come in and the bankers don't wait to be paid. Sparano seems like a good enough coach but is good enough, enough?
  20. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,741 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    I have to say Garrett's vest in your av looks awful even when 3 pieces were en vogue.