1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tony was very good today. Defense not too hot.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Awakened, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,716 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    i was glad to see they did less of the 3 man rush in the second half
  2. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,264 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    I'm not sure what that was, other than either a really bad squib or really bad onsides try.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,714 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    Romo was sacked 7 times, harrassed all game long, had no running game whatsoever and threw 50 passes with no picks.

I doubt that's happened very often in league history.
  4. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I agree he needed to just go down. But what kind of idiot coach has Romo back in shotgun winging the ball all over the field when we just went up by 4 with 5 minutes to go? Honestly. This clown Garrett simply has no clue how to gameplan or coach a game. The ONLY thing that could have screwed us in that situation was a turnover. So run the ball and burn the clock. Punt the ball, make them drive 80 yards for a TD.

Garrett simply has zero feel for a game. In the last 4 weeks this team is down by double digits in the first quarter EVERY time. Thats a complete indictement on his ability to game plan. They are ALL WRONG obviously. His game plans are garbage. The team is also obviously unmotivated and ill prepared to start games. Its only until at some point in the 2nd half when he throws the gameplan out the window and puts the game in Romo's hands with the hurry up offense that this team starts to pick it up. When will this complete idiot realize he might want to start the game with the hurry up?

This clown needs to leave town ASAP. All this win did was prolong his stay in Dallas. Pathetic.
  5. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    This is what makes me upset about Garrett's playcalling. He calls plays that seem to question his abilities. He had no reason to call for those long developing timing passes down field. He could have ran the ball or throw a quick slant to try to make up for yardages. Garrett should be blamed for that fumble just as much as Romo.
  6. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Another idiot call by dunce boy that was woefully executed by an ill prepared team.
  7. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Amen. Just like the fool has Romo back in shotgun up 23 points in the 3rd quarter against Detriot last year. Total stupidity.
  8. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    It had happened exactly once before today -- and the first time was actually just last month. Kevin Kolb threw 50 passes without an interception, was sacked nine times and had no running game (17 for 45) in the Cardinals' 17-3 loss to the Rams.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,648 Messages
    1,519 Likes Received
    add on

Though, if I had to guess, I suspect Aaron Rodgers pulled off the feat last year sometime.
  10. Risen Star

19,714 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    Well, I don't know what to think about that now.

Kevin Kolb? Not exactly elite company. Still, I thought Romo was terrific today, all things considered.
  11. Risen Star

19,714 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    You would think if anybody did it lately it would be Rodgers. I would have thought it would taken a great QB and a bad line.

But then Adam hit me with Kevin Kolb.

I got nothing.
  12. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,149 Messages
    1,094 Likes Received
    Rodgers was sacked 8 times in Seattle and didn't throw an interception. Difference was he didn't get the victory due to the replacement ref fiasco.
  13. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,585 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    That was a boneheaded turnover. Strangely, the next drive he should have turned it over after Parnell got beat and thankfully hung on. The O-Line is bad and I would expect Romo to not make those mistakes, but it's going to hurt a QB's confidence if he can't get help from the O-Line. Free was absolutely pathetic today.

YR
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,648 Messages
    1,519 Likes Received
    Don't look now, but I think Romo has gone about 120 attempts without a pick.

Reverting to the historical mean. Would love to see him crawl all the back out of that early hole and have > 2-1 TD-int ratio. That would mean the Cowboys would have to be doing well the rest of the way barring maybe one bad game.
    I know, wishful thinking.
  15. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,794 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    How do you tell your QB, who has to run away from pressure 80% of the time , to take a sack when being chased or pressured?

Romo would be sacked 25 times a game. He was sacked 7 times running around all day.
  16. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    You guys do know that even though our Oline was awful today that the coach can do something about that to relieve them of that pressure right? Romo has been running around not only in todays game, but throughout the entire season.

Yes, Garrett adjust during halftime. But why in the world didn't we start out the season like that? Why not call plays that can compensate for the lack of protection on Romo?

I feel we need a new offensive philosophy - one that utilizes Romo's scrambling ability and an up tempo offense. Garrett's philosophy is whats hurting us.
  17. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

772 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Agreed. Tony is one of the all-time greats at evading oncoming rushers. As a matter of fact, that's the ONLY elite skill he has. It would be foolish to take that away from him.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,755 Messages
    3,736 Likes Received
    The blindsided strip-fumble was boneheaded? Or am I thinking of a different play?
  19. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,292 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    You say that like it's an unquestionable good. Is it? Or does it mean you're playing it too safe and taking too few chances?
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,755 Messages
    3,736 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think Romo was playing it safe today. Sitting back there, holding onto the ball, not taking any chances while the Dline strolled around trying to pull the flag out of the back of his pants. :)