1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Too early to talk playoffs?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ufcrules1, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,013 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    I just feel that unless we completely implode that this division is ours. I know it is a long season and anything can happen though. The question would be if we did make the playoffs which team would be play in the first round? If the playoffs started today it would be SF. It's possible SF ends up with a better record over Seattle and Seattle comes here. It looks like the most likely scenario looking at the schedules etc is that it would be either San Fran or Seattle coming here.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,251 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    Not even thinking about it at this stage. After Thanksgiving we will have a much clearer picture of what the Cowboys need to do to make it to the post season. For now Cowboys have Lions, Vikes, Saints and Giants before that Thanksgiving day game.
    DuceizBak likes this.
  3. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

685 Messages
    214 Likes Received
  4. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    It's always to early to talk play-offs unless it's week 1 of the play-offs.
    One week at a time.
  5. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    1,563 Likes Received
    The NFC playoffs are going to be a battle -- I am assuming the following teams make it:

Seattle
    SF
    Dallas
    GB
    Saints
    Detroit

A lot will depend on who gets home-field -- I don't see anybody beating Seattle in Seattle. I don't think anybody really wants to play in January at Lambeau either -- especially the team primarily dependent on their passing attacks.
  6. ufcrules1

7,013 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    If I had to guess I would say SF ends up winning that division even though Seattle has looked the best in the NFC. SF happens to be a good road team and Seattle typically is not.. so if that trend continues and SF wins their division, that would more than likely send Seattle to Dallas. That would be an exciting game!
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received
    With the cowboys and their history over the last few years...Yes IMO it is too early to talk playoffs.
    Zman5, VThokie7 and ufcrules1 like this.
  8. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,798 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Still too early, but a win against the Lions would really help the cause.
  9. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,285 Messages
    961 Likes Received
    Yes it's to early. The story of this season is yet to be written
  10. ufcrules1

7,013 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    You all have to admit though, it is looking REALLY good right now. Both the Eagles and Redskins look inept. Redskins are playing Denver this Sunday so they are about to slide to 2-5 and the Eagles look like they are close to quit mode. The Giants are already done. Unless our team falls off a cliff.. we should win the division.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,917 Messages
    5,323 Likes Received
    lets start talking once we beat the lions. cowboys need to win one of the next two. i doubt we beat the saints.
  12. Smith22

5,798 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Good points, but things can change In a hurry. It's vital that Romo, Hatcher and Dez remain healthy.
  13. Doomsday101

77,251 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    My expectation from the get go was to win the NFC East it is also to improve as the season goes forward and hopefully playing our best ball late in the year. However I have for many years used Thanksgiving Day game as the marker in terms of record, where we stand and what has to happen to make it. Cowboys have some big games with 3 of the 4 upcoming games on the road before we hit that Thanksgiving Day game.
  14. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Keep in mind, Washington is only 1 game back in the loss column.
    jobberone likes this.
  15. Smith22

5,798 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Breaking it down quarterly, we went 2-2 and currently are 2-1. I am hoping we finish this quarter with a win to go 3-1, then finish at least 2-2 and 2-2. That should win the division.
  16. Doomsday101

77,251 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    True but one thing that hurts Washington is they are 0-2 in the division and 1-4 in the conferance.
  17. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Active Member

301 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    True but we have the tiebreakers that push it to 2.
  18. ufcrules1

7,013 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    Also keep in mind they go into Denver this Sunday. We too have a difficult match up against Detroit but unlike Washington, we can win our match up. Washington isn't far off from quit mode.. sure, they beat a banged up Bears team with a backup QB, but I'm not even thinking of them in the division race right now. Eagles have a slight chance and that is about it.
  19. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
  20. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,721 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    While it's probably what I would bet on it's also a bit early to say that we will automatically be the 4 seed if we get in. I can see the North teams beating each other's record down, and we still have a game against the Saints that could make things interesting if they falter any.