1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Top 10 RB List

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Mr. Fantasy, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's my top 10 rankings as of right now and it was tough because i can easily justify another 8-10 rb's to crack to the top 10. This list will obviously change a few times between now and August. I'm basing these rankings on a performance based scoring system and starting 2rb's in a 12 man league. This year's rb pool is going to be very deep. This makes for an interesting draft strategy and bumps up the priority on stud WR's.
    Scoring:
    4 pts Pass TD
    6 pts rush/rec'v TD's
    1pt per 10yrds rush/rec'v
    1pt per 20yrds Passing
    1pt per reception
    -1 for turnovers

TOP 10

1. LTomlinson
    2. SAlexander (if he stays in Seattle)
    3. DMcAllister
    4. EJames
    5. PHolmes (on the decline)
    6. DDavis
    7. JLewis
    8. AGreen
    9. CPortis
    10.TBarber

Benny Blaze
    Commissioner
    www.woohitz.com
  2. cowboyfaninkc

cowboyfaninkc New Member

46 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am surprized you dont have Willis McGahee in your top ten. Rightfully so se it is your opinion and thats fine. Roughly mine would look like this:

LT
    SA
    Edge
    McGahee
    D Davis
    Portis
    J Lewis
    K Jones
    R Johnson
    J Jones/ P Holmes

In terms of fantasy football I put alittle more emphasis on the younger guys (both Jones', even S Jackson and Tatum Bell) as the RB's go FAST and the young ones are looked to for retention purposes. For example BOTH K Jones and J Jones went early third round last year in a 12 team league!
  3. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know what your saying and a case can be made for a few of the players you mentioned, but I tend to rank heavier by proven production instead of potential. You dont think McAllister is a top 10 rb? I like McGahee/J.Jones/K.Jones to crack the top 10 this season. I personally am not crazy about Portis and JLewis and also think that the Holmes era is over. But like i said, the RB pool will be very deep this year. More names could make the list. I dont think much of R Johnson, In this scoring (1pt per reception), Tiki Barber is also golden. Not sure what drafts you were referring to, but in my league, JuJones went in the middle of the 7th and KJones went toward the end of the 3rd. I looked up the average draft position on Antsports and JJones averaged 7.02 and KJones averaged 3.08.
  4. cowboyfaninkc

cowboyfaninkc New Member

46 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    McAllister was an omission by mistake. I would probably surplant RJ (maybe Holmes) with Duece. I hear ya about proven RB versus upside and I agree. However the draft I was referring to was the private league I have been in for the last 5 years. That league, and the owners in the league, will gobble up rb's early.To say it is a RB hungry league is an understatement. For example. In my league I was able to obtain Stephen Jackson with my 8th pick last year only because was not the starter. I can now chose to retain him and if so, he will cost me my 7th round pick this year. IF SJ would have been starting last year he probably would have went in the 3rd round of my draft. I do agree that Holmes in on the downside and with his injuries the last couple of years I think that goes without saying, but he still was having a VERY productive year last season til he got hurt so that is why he is still in my top 10. I really like RJ's upside as he has the pieces in place in Cincy between himself, their WR's, and Carson Palmer, that was why I gave him the props other might not. Just my .02 Take care.
  5. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So that's a keeper league? That's cool. I've been running a redraft league for the last 5 years. Our league has 24 owners and we conduct a live in person draft at a local restraunt. We're adding a 2nd league but it will be an online league, undecided if its gonna be 12 or 14 owners. If you're interested let me know via PM. Our league is pretty rb heavy too and a lot will draft using the stud RB theory. I think this year will be interesting and may change up my draft strategy a bit because of the depth at the rb position.

Benny Blaze
    commissioner
    www.woohitz.com
  6. cowboyfaninkc

cowboyfaninkc New Member

46 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah that is the primary way our keeper league works. If you retain a player he cost you an earlier round pick. Keeper leagues are kinda like scoring in fantasy football, they vary within each league. Our leage us set up so you can only retain a maximum of 4 players and since it cost you a higher round pick you can only retain 1 out of your first and second round picks each year. WOOHITZ, I saw the link to your fantasy football site but havent checked it out yet. What are the cost involved? Thanks.
  7. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The main league, that you see on the main page is an $85 entry fee. The payouts are kinda unique, but the champion took home $750 last year, 2nd was like $250. The second league, Woohitz II, is going to be like $10 bucks or something close to it. It will basically cover the hosting website, most likely myfantasyleague with like a $200 payout. If you want more info, hit me up here: commish@woohitz.com

Benny Blaze
    Commissioner
    www.woohitz.com
  8. KINGBRICE_28

KINGBRICE_28 New Member

1,234 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What if Alexander goes to phily
  9. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Highly unlikely, but he would definitely fall out of the top 10 because of shared time with Westbrook
  10. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Top 10 updated 5.08.05

1. LTomlinson
    2. SAlexander
    3. EJames (up from #4)
    4. McAllister (down from #3)
    5. PHolmes (on the decline)
    6. JLewis (up from #7)
    7. AGreen (up from #8)
    8. CPortis (up from #9)
    9. McGahee (new)
    10. KJones (new)

DDavis & Barber falls out of my top 10...